OEM fuel pump

does anyone know the actual flow rate of the stock pump (lph)?

was doing a search, and realise some have experienced increased fuel consumption with uprate fuel pumps....can members with bigger fuel pumps comment on this also:cool:---those with before and after views after installing larger pump are most welcomed:)

fur

Member +
bigger fuel pumps sell for starlets?
wtf, i still using my stock pump and it is working fine

.............very strange indeed

CMR

Member +
The aftermarket pumps still offer the same flow rate dont they? .... afterall the amount of fuel is controlled by the injector cycle anyway so how would the pump make a difference?

If im completely wrong ignore me..

fur

Member +
probably, but lets not focus on age, the flow rate of the stock pump would be good info to determine if putting in the bosch/walbro/sard units are really necessary

carrington865

Member +
ive just put a walbro 255 into my glanza and it feels like it has a bit more pull up the rev range 4500 onwards. not noticed fuel consumption increase at all.

Jay

Admin
Seen a difference in AFR's that I could only put down to the fuel pump change on a local car. He was overfuelling slightly with the Walbro and it dropped slightly with the stock pump installed.

Will investigate this if I get the opportunity in the future Anderson. Would be nice to get a definite answer! :)

bigger fuel pumps sell for starlets?
wtf, i still using my stock pump and it is working fine

.............very strange indeed

yeah...i know some people say they only need to change fuel pump when u reach about 250hp....

while others say as soon as u do upgrades---just as a safety mechanism

however, i know as with most things....a new fuel pump can also go bad for no reason...as has been observed........looks kinda funny switching back to your old pump:p...but anyways

Seen a difference in AFR's that I could only put down to the fuel pump change on a local car. He was overfuelling slightly with the Walbro and it dropped slightly with the stock pump installed.

Will investigate this if I get the opportunity in the future. Would be nice to get a definite answer! :)

that would be appreciated JAY...for real