oil all over the place

_shaun_

Member +
just poped the bonnet to find oil covering the gearbox, rockercover, and driping from the bonnet jacked the car up and the bottom of the sump,driverside control arm, gear box and alternator belt are all driping oil aswell. had a look around and the oil feed return house (rubber pipe bit) was kinda off at the top so fitted that back on but i have a bad feeling thats not the cause as thats a hell of a lot of oil and in some strange ass places if it was that pipe causing it as it was only tiny bit off at the top but thats all i can see out of place

AdamB

Member +
If you find it hard to see where it's coming from your best be is to jet wash it all off, being careful with the dizzy, put some
oil in it if there's not much in there and run the engine at idle, if you can't see anything them get someone to rev the engine slightly.
It seems like the oil has gone everywhere so hard to pinpoint exactly where it's coming from.

_shaun_

Member +
yea cleaned it best i can and filled it back up with oil but its to dark to see start work at 7am aswell so ill check it when i get to work and if theres any signs of oil ill just get a mate to come pick it up and have a look at his work. been of for a week and night before am due to go back this happens lol good timing :D

Jay

Admin
Even a weep from the sump can coat the underside of the car thanks to the airflowing through the bay and under the chassis so it's best to clean all the old oil off (can be a job in itself TBH) then as Adam says have a good look to pinpoint the source. Some common culprits are the sump sealant, the gasket for the dipstick, the oil feed pipe, the crankshaft oil seal, and rocker cover gasket.

Keep us posted mate.

Jay

Could be lots of possible causes tbh as Jay said clean off and try to find exact location the. Post again mate hopefully nothing too major