oil feed return hose

mrpeal55

Member +
hi all,

i'm after an oil feed return pipe hose. its the elbow that goes to the sump. as far as i know they only sell them as part of a kit. don't really want to buy the kit. any ideas would be helpful apart from going to toyota for one because i need it sharpish.

i got mine from ebay mate. just measure the diameter of it and just get a normal silocone hose with a bend and just cut it to shape

dark_knight

Member +
hope you got sorted. if not, get a 90 degree silicone pipe and cut it to size. internal diameter is 19mm -- i recently posted pix on here when i had mine off the car..
just make sure it will be able to take some of the 85+ degree engine heat..

Jay

Admin
They are a few quid new from Toyota, it's common enough for the rubber to perish after over a decade. You'll see the reason they break once you see how a new one compares to a cracked and brittle original pipe.

Jay

dark_knight

Member +
flex test

hehe.. now if you put it like that Jay, it makes me want to replace mine even though i've done a flex test on it and it's not too bad.. :D
i think it will last maybe another year or two until my major rebuild..

Jay

Admin
I keep a fresh one in my glovebox after seeing the fun Weejohn had on the roadtrip to Wales. He had to make field repairs using an old fairground lorry he found at the roadside lol.