OiL Leak !!!

FeNder

Member +
hey eveyone ,

ive just cleaned the engine / bay with carb cleaner looking for leaks ,
replaced leaking areas like both crank wheel seals , cam cover seal...etc
drove the car around n found a little oil in the area between the head and block , where the engine code is engraved , and around the distributer area , whose O ring hasnt been changed , ive been told oil from that area can pass via the head , reach headgasket and exit throught that corner .

headgasket is a cruise 1.2 , only done 4000km stock boost , no mayo effect anywhere !

cheers !

JDubz

Member +
Hmmm id be interested in what the problem could be aswell. As i currently have the same problem. Not that majour, but there is still a slight leak.

I got told from a mate its the distributer? But that didnt make to much scence why it would be that.

FeNder

Member +
indeed on searching other forums , they said oil leaks from that area and reaches out at this point !

ill be removing the cam cover and retorquing the head bolts to spec , im afraid they werent torqued accurately :/

JDubz

Member +
indeed on searching other forums , they said oil leaks from that area and reaches out at this point !

ill be removing the cam cover and retorquing the head bolts to spec , im afraid they werent torqued accurately :/

Thats exactly what my mate said. Ill do the same thing and take a look.

JDubz

Member +
Just wondering if it even effects the car? Only problem is really is the small amount of oil loss. Is that about it? Like performance wise etc still the same?

FeNder

Member +
well , for me ,
no mayo , no oil on spark plugs , pretty much even compression on all cylinders , boosting fine , no overheating , just some oil loss ,
my only fear is if its not torqued correctly maybe it will come loose later lol !

JDubz

Member +
Mine exactly the same as yours. no oil on spark plugs (I even changed them and leads) even compression on cylinders boosting fine. And no over heating.

Just loss of oil. Not much tho, but still enough to make me worried lol.

FeNder

Member +
well that would be a relief guys ! ill look thru the boxes try find if i have one of those o rings around heh !

are they inter-changable with any other toyota engines ?!

not sure if any other toyotas share the same distributor seal (well i know the 4e/5e it is the same---so tercel, paseo, sera, cynos, etc)

but what we used was obtained from a general hardware store ---bought a whole set of oring seals in a package.............and choose one that matched up

never leaked since......lol.........and very cheap too---but my toyota dealer did not have any in stock

maybe u can check your dealer or hardware store

speedvision

Member +
I replaced my distributor cap 2day and it works like a charm no more oil leaking =)

its not the cap which would cause the oil to leak mate..its the oring around the distributor..........

fender take ur oring off and take it to a seal store and they can match it up..if u dont get then i have genuine toyota ones u can get from me

sam

JDubz

Member +
its not the cap which would cause the oil to leak mate..its the oring around the distributor..........

fender take ur oring off and take it to a seal store and they can match it up..if u dont get then i have genuine toyota ones u can get from me

sam

Sorry i should have said i replaced the (oring) aswell as the (cap)

FeNder

Member +

sam

yeh ill do just that sam , u know ill be msging you if i dont find it here lol !
cheers