Oil Preasure Gauge

George611

Member +
Getting a oil preasure gauge sometime this week being shipped over as we speak..Problem i have is ive never fitted one or even looked at wiring on one so i aint got a clue atm. i know its coming with a sender unit and allwiring..if someone could enlighten me on fitting one or where wires need to go it would be a wikid help :D

Cheers guys

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Do a search, it's been covered a few times. The two main ways are by fitting a sandwich plate or a t piece where the stock oil pressure switch is.

steveatyork

Member +
mmm im in the process of fitting a r5gtt oil sensor to my 4efte block,and while i was on the hunt for a decent location for it.i noticed theres a take off on the standard oil filter sandwich plate.i would have thought that would be ideal depending on the overall size of the sensor(the renault one was to big as it would have hit my chassis leg) or i would have fitted mine there

WallaceGlanza

Member +
mmm im in the process of fitting a r5gtt oil sensor to my 4efte block,and while i was on the hunt for a decent location for it.i noticed theres a take off on the standard oil filter sandwich plate.i would have thought that would be ideal depending on the overall size of the sensor(the renault one was to big as it would have hit my chassis leg) or i would have fitted mine there

If you have power steering the bracket gets in the way, however you can drill a hole through the bracket and to fit the sensor there but you'll also need an adapter. I have the oil temp sensor there.