oil pressure swich connector

kungfu panda

Member +
hi all,

need some help here please.

was going to change my oil pressure switch, is it the the one thats next the gearbox and it goes into the block ?

well if so there was no connector for it:confused: i cant find it anywhere.

please could you post pics of the sensors please and connector as well greatly appreciated

Jay

Admin
To the passenger side of the turbo below the manifold. There is a single wire going to it which joins the loom with your lambda probe and cat temp sensor connectors. Might be hard to spot as the cat and turbo are in the road.

dantheman

Member +
mate it has a round bit on the sensor, and there connector that goes onto it is a single wire with a female spade style connector on the end

59bhp

Member +
hi all,

need some help here please.

was going to change my oil pressure switch, is it the the one thats next the gearbox and it goes into the block ?

well if so there was no connector for it:confused: i cant find it anywhere.

please could you post pics of the sensors please and connector as well greatly appreciated

yeah it should be behind your exhaust manifold and just to the right of it. There should be a connector to it that kinda slides onto the circular bit at the end of the sensor, really shitty connection lol

Hmm maybe the previous owner took it off as they might have been getting oil pressure problems, it is a proper shitty connection though and it wouldnt surprise me if it just fell off,

It looks like a little spade connector but its encased in a black plastic case.

kungfu panda

Member +
yea had a look today and i seen a wire that was just hanging about at the op of the gearbox and the wire went into the lambda and cat temp. but i think the connector is broken as i have not got a clue how it fits. will try and get a pic for you tomorrow. also should the oil light be on when the ignition is on ?? as mine doesnt

stedee

Member +
your sensor iisnt connected thats why, the connector just slides over the top of the round end of the sensor at 90 degrees to it