Oil restrictor?

stevo82

Member +
I got me a Garrett GT2556R of a R34 GTR (which uses 2 of them), it has an internal oil restrictor, looks like about 1.5mm. I think this might be too big, maybe go down to about 1 - 0.8mm?

I still have to get a manifold made, should I go external wastegate or use the internal one?

The A/R ratios of the turbo seems ideal and from the compressor map it should hit 1bar at around 3000rpm.

danturbo4311

Member +
If its got an internal restrictor already then i wouldnt go putting a second one in, im running a gt28rs without a restrictor, i no ball bearings dont need as much oil as a traditional journal bearing unit, but you will still do damage to it if its not getting enough oil. an external wastegate would be better im running one to, but others have also done well with internal wastegate, depends how much money you have. Also whats the spec of the turbo & exhaust housing size, are you 4e or 5e?

whiteglanzav

Member +
I got me a Garrett GT2556R of a R34 GTR (which uses 2 of them), it has an internal oil restrictor, looks like about 1.5mm. I think this might be too big, maybe go down to about 1 - 0.8mm?

I still have to get a manifold made, should I go external wastegate or use the internal one?

The A/R ratios of the turbo seems ideal and from the compressor map it should hit 1bar at around 3000rpm.

producing wot kind of power ???