Oil return pipe

Luke.R

Member +
Their seems to be a few people with their oil returns splitting and leaking recently (the rubber part that goes in the sump)

Now I'm off on a RR day with the fiesta ST owners on saturday, and I'm getting a bit paranoid, say if mine splits etc.

I imagine the pipe is made of rubber, but it's gone hard over the years, so what I'm wondering is instead of waiting ages to get one from Toyota, can I just take it off and find some cooling hose etc that is the same size and use that?

cheers.

Luke.

Luke.R

Member +
Well I was worried about not getting it in time, but they are sending me one in the morning, so problem solved.

Luke.R

Member +
I don't have the part number but they knew what I was talking about when I said what it was.

I will check on my EPC now and have a look for the number.

Price £3.00 + vat

u need to get a suitable quality hose for the oil return.....normal hose will tend to sag under the heat and may restrict or burst under pressure

i would advise that u get the toyota item or something VERY similar

TurboDave

Member +
The inside of the hose needs to be coated to stop the oil attacking at over time so you cant use normal coolant hose. If I were you I would order a new one from Toyota :).

Sean_GT

Member +
Mine has split.

I was expecting to have to pay a bit more than £3 so thats good news i will be going down to toyota with the part number asap to order.

Sean_GT

Member +
Thats probably the best idea eventhough i have not noticed a great deal of loss in oil but its not pressurised is it.

Luke.R

Member +
Thing is if your on a long journey and the pipe splits while your driving, then you aint gonna notice till your oil pressure light comes on, by then it's normally too late.

goldenvtr

Member +
jsut changed mine as it started leaking. i had a normal braided line on there but must of worn over the last 2 years. i got some normal rubber on there at the moment but its kinked, does the oil return get pressurised? as it dosnt feel like it with the car on

Si_Glanza

Member +
I was thinking this today Mate, I ran my TD04 and took the pipe out the sump the oil didnt really come out with any pressure

goldenvtr

Member +
hmm. might stick my 90 deg silicone hose on then to get rid of the kink.

can anyone explain why its not pressurised? or maybe its the fact its a bigger pipe compaired to the turbo feed line?