Ok couldn't keep this underwraps anymore...

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
Ok for literally the past week i have been working on this and finally it's nearly finished just needs a final sanding and about 8 coats of clear coat ha ha.

Turned out just how i imagined

What do you all think?

Rocker.jpg

Dave.

Member +
Love it mate, is the glanza lettering painted on or is it 'embossed'?

looks brilliant!

Franza1

The Glanza sign is painted on, but it's about 7 coats thick so it looks embossed. hence the reason it took so long. it still needs to be touched up a small bit but i'm happy out with it. it's a bit out of the ordinary.

I got a local Sign writer friend of mine to cut out a mask for the painting.

I think it looks simple but different.

it literally took me 4 days to sand off the lines and the toyota. and i did a small bit of filling too to get rid of the casting imperfections and sharpen up one or two of the edges. but not too much as i'm afraid it'll crack

Franza1

It'll be a few weeks before it's fitted i have to get some head work done first. I'm mad to put it on but it'd be a waste as it'd get dirty

Franza1

Looks mint dude nice one. Your gonna have fun trying to keep it white lol.

Lol, that's the main reason it's going to get about 8 coats of clear coat, should be wipe clean then. it'll be like glass hopefully.

The VHT paint i have on the current one just sucked up all of the dirt and made it part of the paint.

Lol, that's the main reason it's going to get about 8 coats of clear coat, should be wipe clean then. it'll be like glass hopefully.

The VHT paint i have on the current one just sucked up all of the dirt and made it part of the paint.

Good shout which I had done the same lol.

Franza1

thanks for the kind words people.

It was between two designs.

the one above or this one

rockercover2.jpg