One for the Bikers

What is best, What do you prefer and Why?

• Suzuki GSX-R 600

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Yamaha R6

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R

Votes: 8 21.1%

• Total voters

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Any experienced bikers on here willing to give some helpful information?

Im wanting to do my bike licence soon and always had my eyes on a Suzuki GSX-R 600 for when i passed, my question is ... whats the best between the following:

Suzuki GSX-R 600
Yamaha R6
Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R

Im lead to believe the GSX-R and R6 dont have much between them, R6 is better in the corners but the weight of the GSX-R is better.

Any info would be great :)

Iain

jonny-boi32

Member +
gsxr all the way. i had a 400 and loved it, i know its no where as good as the 600, but once i get money gather up again and the time is right ill be getting one. silly insurance though. wee fella up road from me died last week due to bike incident. so be careful what ever you choose!!

Iain@CRD

Lifer
gsxr all the way. i had a 400 and loved it, i know its no where as good as the 600, but once i get money gather up again and the time is right ill be getting one. silly insurance though. wee fella up road from me died last week due to bike incident. so be careful what ever you choose!!

Thats the only part that holds me back from buying one, but i if your sensible with it theres no need to worry i suppose.

jonny-boi32

Member +
the fella was sensible, jus nipped out to get fuel, coz he was selling bike that nite, every 1 that knows him knows hes not a speeder, but either bike seized, something run out, or what ever. i went past the place it happened other nite, very sad. but just have to be so careful, always expect the unexpected on a bike. i work across from a suzuki dealer and its hateful going in and out of work, some sexy pieces of machinery sitting about, jus wish i had money for 1. still have all my gear.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
the fella was sensible, jus nipped out to get fuel, coz he was selling bike that nite, every 1 that knows him knows hes not a speeder, but either bike seized, something run out, or what ever. i went past the place it happened other nite, very sad. but just have to be so careful, always expect the unexpected on a bike. i work across from a suzuki dealer and its hateful going in and out of work, some sexy pieces of machinery sitting about, jus wish i had money for 1. still have all my gear.

Well the weathers starting to come in and fancy maybe a few trips on the bike so was debating it, but now your putting me off :haha:

jonny-boi32

Member +
sorry dude, by no means do i mean to put u off, its great out on a bike, but jus need to be careful. how could u not through the leg over and ride the shit outta that???

gsx-r600_2006_rhf_blue_rhf_1024.jpg

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Indeed buddy i was just messing :) they are truely stunning bikes, one lucky man getting to see these machines everyday!

sulphur

Fresh Recruit
Apparently, the acceleration on those ninja's is deadly as a first bike. So comparing that to a gsxr or or r6, sounds a bit dangerous tbh. Why not start with something like a zzr600? Cheaper, still quick enough but if you have an off, it won't cost the world to repair. Also, insurance will be uber cheap so you'll be building NCB as well as experience. :)

jonny-boi32

Member +
Apparently, the acceleration on those ninja's is deadly as a first bike. So comparing that to a gsxr or or r6, sounds a bit dangerous tbh. Why not start with something like a zzr600? Cheaper, still quick enough but if you have an off, it won't cost the world to repair. Also, insurance will be uber cheap so you'll be building NCB as well as experience. :)

thats why i went for 400 after passing test, proper sound, still goes well but not to powerful, plus they wouldnt look at me for 600 insurance. well i was 21 aswell so that prob didnt help.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Certainly an option lads, the bikes will be hardly used unless its good weather anyway but most of my mates have 600's so dont want to be left too far behind. One have a GSX-R 600 and other had an R6 so its hard to ask what they prefer when they prefer there own.

jonny-boi32

Member +
Certainly an option lads, the bikes will be hardly used unless its good weather anyway but most of my mates have 600's so dont want to be left too far behind. One have a GSX-R 600 and other had an R6 so its hard to ask what they prefer when they prefer there own.

easy go for the quack then!!!lol

Dan507

Member +
its hard to decied, but i dont think people should push you to a bike. every ones diffrent, each to there own sorta thing. You're best bet is to test ride each one before you set you're hart on one. then decied.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
its hard to decied, but i dont think people should push you to a bike. every ones diffrent, each to there own sorta thing. You're best bet is to test ride each one before you set you're hart on one. then decied.

Thats very true and great point to note!

Why not the CBR600? to tame?

Its more than like going to be an older model than newer model for obvious reasons, i much prefer the newer CBR600 looks wise compared to the old one, i think the old one does look a little tame ... but probally great bikes to ride.

sulphur

Fresh Recruit
The zzr600 won't be left far behind any 600, its just more controllable. Plus, insurance as a first bike would be roughly 300-500 FC, whereas you're looking at roughly 1k+ for the gixxer or the r6.
As said above, best test riding them first, you might not even like the riding position of the supersports, can be a bit harsh on the wrists. :)