Opinions on potential new cars please folks(integra,350z)

cameroon95

Member +
Now that the glanza is sold:((actually very very sad about this) I need to get a new car within the next month at least.

I've narrowed it down to either an integra dc2,integra dc5 or a nissan 350z.

Has anyone on here driven any of these and if so could you give me your opinion?

cheers:cool:

ryan-11

Member +
Ive got a dc2, Nice and comfy inside, great too drive, handle amazing, vtec aint for everyone tho but i have to say i love it, if i was u i would try and get a run/test drive in each of them and see what one you like best

corofin12345

Member +
dc5.. comfort and reliable.. you could get a 350z but do you really want a nissan with a renault v6 engine out of the flopped vel satis..??

cameroon95

Member +
Ive got a dc2, Nice and comfy inside, great too drive, handle amazing, vtec aint for everyone tho but i have to say i love it, if i was u i would try and get a run/test drive in each of them and see what one you like best

Would you say its much faster in terms of performance than a glanza?

I really like the DC5's but they are quite expensive and most dc2 owners on forums don't see the benefit of the additional costs.

ryan-11

Member +
Would you say its much faster in terms of performance than a glanza?

I really like the DC5's but they are quite expensive and most dc2 owners on forums don't see the benefit of the additional costs.

I would depend on what spec the glanza was, my glanza was faster on the straights but that was td04 @1.5 bar, the teg aint to slow on the straights tho, round the bends the teg would have it, it handles so much better than the glanza did

Dan3SGTE

Member +
I've got a 350z, different league to an integra. And I've owned an ek9 with b18c,

What do u wana know?

gv1.3

Admin
I am currently driving a 2011 infiniti G37. I think I read somewhere it has the same 3.7ltr engine as the 350Z. Its knocking out 330hp and I can tell you now it would absolutely destroy an integra, there is no comparison whatsoever.

Johnny_C

Lifer
dc5.. comfort and reliable.. you could get a 350z but do you really want a nissan with a renault v6 engine out of the flopped vel satis..??

ive yet to see one come into our workshop giving engine trouble.
and they are very populer in japan and the US in the drift scene.

ady_glanza

Member +
hi mate
I've also got a JDM DC2
I would advise going for the JDM version as they are less likely to have rust on them than UK models and maybe less mileage
I also prefer them as they have the rectangular lights rather than the round ones.
Let me know if you have any queries as i'll be happy to advise.
Thanks

Dan3SGTE

Member +
I am currently driving a 2011 infiniti G37. I think I read somewhere it has the same 3.7ltr engine as the 350Z. Its knocking out 330hp and I can tell you now it would absolutely destroy an integra, there is no comparison whatsoever.

well the G37 uses the engine from the 370Z the 350 uses the same engine as the G35...

But obviously the 350Z is lighter with around 300BHP most Pre 06's make. So similar shit lol... But yeah i'll + 1 on that one, my car eats integras for breakfast above 60MPH

Dan3SGTE

Member +
300bhp out of a 3.5 v6 fairly mediocre performance out of such a big engine. To me the running costs for that performance would be a bit much nice cars though this would be nice http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1880777. I'd go it with an r33 GTR or an e46 m3 over a 350z.

You do have a point, i was going to get an R33GTR then thought against it, its too typical (for me) And 4WD booo lol... Thats me though he he!

But with a nice supercharger or bolt on turbo you can get incredible performance but yeah, thats more money.. Not all about performance though i believe, its a different drive and offered different things.. It is just what you fancy.

gv1.3

Admin
well the G37 uses the engine from the 370Z the 350 uses the same engine as the G35...

But obviously the 350Z is lighter with around 300BHP most Pre 06's make. So similar shit lol... But yeah i'll + 1 on that one, my car eats integras for breakfast above 60MPH

ahh right :) knew I heard it shared something with one of the "Z's". I would say the one I am driving is heavier again as it is the sedan not the coupe. Feels pretty nimble though, the arse goes out very easily if you want it to and the traction control light started flashing when I floored it at 60 the other day so always seems to be plenty of power on tap.

corofin12345

Member +
why would nissan go with a renault engine tho? sorry if i had one "even tho it may not break down", id still have it in my head that ive a horrible piece of french wank up front... lovely looking car tho

Dan3SGTE

Member +
why would nissan go with a renault engine tho? sorry if i had one "even tho it may not break down", id still have it in my head that ive a horrible piece of french wank up front... lovely looking car tho

Fair enough, each to their own. I don't mind what country a car is from as long as it makes great power and great reliability.

Mikey B

Lifer
They have majority of shares in Nissan so most if not all the derv nissans have renault engines now and 350z's by the looks of it. Seem to be proving themselves so far.

c3dpo

Member +
DC5 if i had the luck mate :)

Dont like 350z, though i spotted nizmo one that was ace, but never driver or seen one rip it. but omfg that Vtec is jokes!!! :D loved it to bits

Johnny_C

Lifer

you would be suprised how well things have advanced with them.
and im almost sure nissan had involvement in the developments in it.
nissan share alot of renault stuff atm,the 1.5 dci is a great little engine,rarely seen them give any trouble either.

danb87

South East England Area Rep
never been in a 350, but the integras are nice motors, i enjoyed drivin one briefly an was quite a good drive. but i can assume that the 350z is a different class :)