Opinions on tire size 15"

credders

Member +
I got some new wheels and got 195/55s tires but I'm noticing a lot of people running 195/50s. Curious if anyone here has ran 195/55 and their opinion. Worried about rubbing and or tire roll with it being a wider sidewall. Thanks

Jay

Admin
55's on a GT are usually a no-go, even 50 profile can scrub with the wrong offset of rim.

EP91 are a bit more forgiving so you should be fine. Obviously you're getting a bit more comfort at the expense of that sidewall movement but that's not entirely a bad thing.

credders

Member +
Yeah the roads where I live are some of the worst in the country so that was why I went with a larger sidewall. Just wondering how much of a difference I’ll feel in handling with a slightly bigger sidewall.
55's on a GT are usually a no-go, even 50 profile can scrub with the wrong offset of rim.

EP91 are a bit more forgiving so you should be fine. Obviously you're getting a bit more comfort at the expense of that sidewall movement but that's not entirely a bad thing.

Jay

Admin
You will definitely be getting more movement on the sidewalls but it possibly won't be as noticeable on the road.

I tried 60 profile on track once and it was a waste of a day lol. Handling was laughable!