Osama Bin Laden Dead

_iforget_glanza

Untrusted Seller
wow never thought id see the day tbh, but now the world will have to extra vigilant against revenge attacks...its only a matter of time

_iforget_glanza

Untrusted Seller
Oh yeah there's no doubt he'll become a martyr to his followers.

definatly.wait till 6 o clock news and im nearly sure there gona be something thats happend like killings, bombing and/or riots in the middle east in retalition againt the so called ''oppression of the west''

AdamB

Member +
Just seen this on bbc website, good thing he's gone but now it's a question not about him but the people who served under him, what will they do? No one has the answer yet. Could turn a bit sour for the sake of killing him.

Dave.

Member +
I feel kind of indifferent to this - it's symbolic more than anything else.

Seeing Americans out in the street celebrating made me sad though. Regardless of the person, a developed, civilised country should not behave like that.

We're no better 'them' in some ways...

Dave

Dave.

Member +
Here are some interesting numbers...

Just some perspective amid the frenzy over symbolic victories:

War in Iraq Estimated cost: $806,000,000,000+ source , Coalition Deaths : 4,770 source, Estimated Civilian Deaths : 98,380–107,369 source,

War in Afghanistan Estimated cost: $444,000,000,000+ source, Coalition Deaths: 2,441 source, Estimated Civilian Deaths: 14,000-34,000 source 1, source 2, source 3, source 4 note: Afghanistan civilian death figures are estimated from addition of figures of deaths per year (2003-2010) from different sources.

Playing devil's advocate here... But I'd like to see the no. of casualties from acts of terrorism ('our' civilians) versus 'their' civilian casualties (the number killed in the resultant wars)

Last edited:

AdamB

Member +
so much for being the worlds hide and seek champion,he nearly made it 10 years this september.

Apprently they knew where he was about 2 years ago as someone was following him or something, but the americans wasn't sure on the intelligence.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Bollocks, i believe is still very much alive, i dont believe a word the press print in these circumstances, there told or paid to print this.

If the US wanted to kill Osama Bin Laden then why didnt they? He was afterall living in America next to an FBI base for 1 week after the 9/11 attack.

Only word i believe suits this is Conspiracy.