over fueling

acidman_2004

Fresh Recruit
hi guys
i've got a 93 gt i just put it in for a mot an it failed on emissions its ment to be 0.3 mine is 9 and i dont know why !! its also useing loads of fuel (half a tank in about 10 miles)

the heads been rebuilt twice ported polished acid dipped ect ! bottom end has be forged
mods are

full system no cat
fuel cut defender
walbro 255l fuel pump
bov
boost controller (not in use at the min)was set at 1 bar i think
everything else is strd

any ideas why the emissions are so high
there is a little bit of boost creep its running to about .7 bar
i've changed the lambda sens and the are no other faults coming up on the dash
do i need a fuel pressure regulator on it ?

what else should i check?
any help would be great
cheers guys

glanzanut

Lifer
half a tank in ten miles is impossible surely! by the sounds of it u need to take it to a rr and get it looked at on a wideband:freddy:

GTWorld

Member +
Thats stupid wouldnt even like to know what your fuel pressure is! Also im sure if your car is older then 94 it doesn't need a emission test or is it just excempt from having a Cat??

Get a FPR And Guage and see what pressure your running or to go through half a tank in 10 miles you might want to check for a fuel leak!

Blak_Mamber

Member +
as above.

You must have a fuel leak or something to be using half a tank in 10 miles mate.

Mines running rich & still seems to be pretty good on fuel.

Car will still need a basic emmissions test even if pre 1994

GTWorld

Member +
as above.

You must have a fuel leak or something to be using half a tank in 10 miles mate.

Mines running rich & still seems to be pretty good on fuel.

Have you got a FPR And Guage? fueling is important people your just going to cause big problems to your engine!!!

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Have you got a FPR And Guage? fueling is important people your just going to cause big problems to your engine!!!

Yes.

Mine has been on the dyno recently mate, they said its fine. Overfueling on normal driving & fueling find on 1bar boost.

GTWorld

Member +
Yeah thats a problem i had with mine on idle was running a little rich but on boost it was perfect!!

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Think thats the problem when using FCD setup mate. I am saving up for emanage for early 2010, so im sticking to 1bar on me hybrid for now :)

acidman_2004

Fresh Recruit

fuel wasnt a problem before i had all the work done it used to be thursty but its really bad at the min and no i havent got a fuel pressure regulator do i need one will it help the emissions