*** Paddle clutch prob ***

miller3

Member +
Just fitted a 4 paddle clutch and its now as if there is not enough travel on the clutch arm as it now crunches in to gear and with foot flat to the floor the car is juddering and you can here the clutch slipping ??? had the box off twice now and the clutch is fine :flame:... Just a coincidence that there is fault with the slave now ???

Any ideas

speedvision

Member +
did u resurface ur flywheel?
if u didnt then do it....will help with the juddering
also there is an adjustament screw under ur clutch pedal....adjust it so the cluch comes up so u can get the bitting point a bit higher which will allow u to get proper gear and not crunch
sam

miller3

Member +
Sam thanks for that mate :).

btw it has a lightened flywheel on and it has been resurfaced...

Will go for the adjustment tomorrow thanks again mate :)

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
the juddering will always be there coz of the paddle clutch...

u have to launch it with more revs to avoid what ur experiancing :)

also like sam said check the adjustment screw.. ;)

kon

got_boost?

Member +
i had a cap paddle clutch and cusco lightened flywheel fitted a couple of months ago. i had a problem with it cruntching into gears. had it adjusted. then it was slipping. re adjusted it and its fine now. i would look at re adjusting the arm on your clutch pedal. (5 min job)

miller3

Member +
Well what a weekend lol playing with the starlet all day saturday (as above box off again...) So i adjusted the pedal today and is much better but a slight crunch in reverse and slightly stiff in first' Is a freshly built gearbox btw..

Fitted quite a few bits to the cossie today ie new plenum and fuel rail' + a fair amount of aroquip' and re fitted my turbo also' bit of wiring done too' So good progress there :)'

Then had a mate turn up in his monster of a skyline ( 700+ hp) which i had to sort out some boost pipe issues on... But hey we love it really don't we' what else would we all do if we didnt have our heads under bonnets lol.

Just like to thank everyone with all there input

Thanks

Doug :)