Paid Members - Benefit Suggestions?

Gee

Member +
I know this is already being looked into and plans are underway etc, but how about a thread where people can make suggestions on what they would like to see for paid members within reason?

Then, the top suggestions could be decided by a vote?

Craig

Lifer
All suggestions welcome. Use this thread to make them, start a list folks.

As you said, there are a lot of nice benefits being added at present and testing is underway.

Nwimie

Member +
not a bad idea....

maybe a keyring when you pay up.:p

or something alot simpler like a room for paid members only.

boost abuse

Member +
even just a few free stickers when you pay would be good. Paid members are happy as they get something for their money (other than a subscription to the site) and the site gets lots of advertising

seed

Member +
We used to have keyrings made few years back. Comes with the club stickers too. That was 4-5 years ago I think

GTdan

In The Closet
im currently a member of fto owners, you have got a few options.
1) £10 a year for use of full forum
2) £16 a year - as above, but get a quarterly fto magazine which does like show reports, reviews on several owners cars, how to-s ie oil change, suspension etc, free gifts each year you renew - get a calender each year (all pics submitted by owners), pens, pads, keyrings.

Think tgtt should look into getting a new company to make their stickers for them. Shouldn't take months and months for a company to make up a few small stickers

Im not saying not to get key rings and the likes of that as that would be excellant and probably entice more people to pay up, but however dont you feel that for what money you spend it is worth every single penny for the information your given.

You post some problem and withing minutes its more or less identified.

Im not saying not to get key rings and the likes of that as that would be excellant and probably entice more people to pay up, but however dont you feel that for what money you spend it is worth every single penny for the information your given.

Yep but not everybody is as kind and thankful of the info to pay up

Dan3SGTE

Member +

But at the same time everyone tries to help each other, you shouldnt have to pay to receive advise just like i wouldn't expect someone to pay me to give them advise.....

I do agree with above, There should be more benefits really, but as mentioned there are a few in progress?

dac69er

Super Moderator
not really fussed. whats £6 a year. if this was government site we would be paying an extortionate fee plus taxes etc etc :p:p:p

in all honesty im not fussed. full access to the site and possibly something like priority on group buys, stand/track places at events and things like that?

things like keyrings are just a gimmick. use the money for worthwhile things like discounted group events.

just my opinion :)

But at the same time everyone tries to help each other, you shouldnt have to pay to receive advise just like i wouldn't expect someone to pay me to give them advise.....

I do agree with above, There should be more benefits really, but as mentioned there are a few in progress?

sure agree with that however would or do you grudge paying the money and receiving nothing a mean if you think of what the site offers to you personally and helped you in the past does £7 a year for the running of the site year in year out seem like too much.

A mean imo it doesnt for what the site offers to me im quite happy to pay that amount and get just the benefit of a avator.

:)

Dan3SGTE

Member +
sure agree with that however would or do you grudge paying the money and receiving nothing a mean if you think of what the site offers to you personally and helped you in the past does £7 a year for the running of the site year in year out seem like too much.

A mean imo it doesnt for what the site offers to me im quite happy to pay that amount and get just the benefit of a avator.

:)

Thinking about it, im with you on that one.

Im not bothered at all, and will pay with no obligation whats so ever as i do benefit from the site just being part of it and getting involved.

I would say it was more of a suggestion, would be nice to get a few more perks.... £7 a year isnt much at the end of the day but then if it wasnt for the members there wouldnt be a site.... So a site is relying on us to keep it going...

So a site is relying on us to keep it going...

yup couldnt agree more!

to me the site is like a second home im on it that much (could be first tho) so £7 a year is cheap rent lol

rather than perks that cost the site how about perks that wont.. cant think of any but am sure some might lol

Gee

Member +
I'm not too fussed either, but a little something is alway nice!

And obviously others feel the same, as the mods are indeed already looking into it.