Parking Ticket Advice

Toymota

Member +
Hi Guys,

I got a Parking Ticket yesterday and noticed they had spelt Glanza as Galnza. Can i contest this as I heard they can not do you when there is inaccuracies on the ticket?

Thanks

Toymota

Member +
bloody bastards! haha.
i could say that i dont actually drive as Galnza and as far as i am aware, there is no such thing as a Galnza! hehe :p

sx_turbo

Lifer
worth a shot, but they have your reg number so i can imagine it wont work.

was u parked illegally?

or did u just not get back to the car in time at a car park?

Toymota

Member +
i was parked illegally but i genuinely didnt know. it is not double yellows however there is a little square sign that says what times you can and can not park. i didnt see it because a lorry was infront of it!

dan

Member +
dont they take a photo now of the car? seen a few get done outside out work and they take a photo for evidence. Think you'll have to bow out gracefully and pay the fine emma, shit i know ive been done twice for it. Oh well...

sx_turbo

Lifer
i was parked illegally but i genuinely didnt know. it is not double yellows however there is a little square sign that says what times you can and can not park. i didnt see it because a lorry was infront of it!

fair enough trafic wardens are scumbags any way

59bhp

Member +
ive managed to get out of like 3 parking tickets now lol

What you gonna lose by just trying it? you would be surprised how sometimes they cant be bothered with the hassle.

Lornce

Member +
you should of took a photo of your car with the truck hidding the sign and said that you didn't know you wernt allowed to park there! :)

even if you argue it, it gives you more time to get the money! lol :p

riko666

Member +
They take pictures - in 2 years of being at Oxford I've already gotten 6 parking tickets...bloody commission whores, all of them :( 1 Even outside my own house!! And where are they when every other Gay parks outside?! Nowhere...BAH!

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
They take pictures - in 2 years of being at Oxford I've already gotten 6 parking tickets...bloody commission whores, all of them :( 1 Even outside my own house!! And where are they when every other Gay parks outside?! Nowhere...BAH!

So your saying only gays called Riko are allowed to park there??? :p

Nwimie

Member +
i think inacurracies on speeding tickets means it gets dropped. Not sure about parking.

you think wrong.

and i dont think there is any chance of them dropping the ticket just because they spelt the model wrongly..

Toddi

Member +
I would just leave the ticket, let it build up, they will say they will take you to court but it would cost them more to take you to court than the fee of the ticket so they may just let it go. i know my dad has done this twice.