pcv valve

Jay

Admin
The usual procedure

1) Carefully and gently pry at current PCV valve for ten minutes so as not to damage it.

2) Without warning it snaps off mid-pry.

3) Curse softly whilst nursing broken valve thinking it'll mend.

4) Utter more swear words as you realise it's busted completely.

5) Use a part of needle nose pliers to remove remains of deceased valve from rocker cover.

6) Order new valve and grommet from Toyota. (Part numbers HERE )

7) Continue to drive round without plugging the hole as the engine has to breathe.

8) Run gleefully towards Toyota once you get word the new parts are here.

9) Clean oil from around hole in rocker cover and prepare to repair your poor car.

10) Push new grommet in first then push in the valve.

Job done! :)

billybob

Untrusted Seller
here you go
P9230094.jpg

Jay

Admin
Gentle persuasion with a flat edge mate. It will probably break as the plastic gets brittle after around a decade.

SupaStu

Member +
I just changed mine on Sat. Just pull the bastard upwards with a consistent force, it came out gradually on mine, tried to prise the grommet out but it just cracked and tore, so be careful to get the whole grommet out when you get the valve out. Pliers are a must. Take it easy on the valve and it should be fine.

Only took 10 minutes to do.

I'm sure I read somewhere that these should be changed every 50,000 miles or so.

I bought the whole lot, new clips, rubber hose, gromment, valve was fairly cheap, about £30 all in.

vissen23

Member +
I just changed mine on Sat. Just pull the bastard upwards with a consistent force, it came out gradually on mine, tried to prise the grommet out but it just cracked and tore, so be careful to get the whole grommet out when you get the valve out. Pliers are a must. Take it easy on the valve and it should be fine.

Only took 10 minutes to do.

I'm sure I read somewhere that these should be changed every 50,000 miles or so.

I bought the whole lot, new clips, rubber hose, gromment, valve was fairly cheap, about £30 all in.

thanks mate i broke my one too