People running 256 or 264 cams

Toyota T23

Member +
At what rpm do you have max power on 5E engine, and what turbo..

Will be running a GT35 or T70, but wanna make sure i dont get max power past 7500rpm.

A

Animal GT

youl need your power up there!! that turbo will be laggy as fcuk man..

A

Animal GT

No there will be no lag, think i will have full boost(2,2bar) at 3500-4000rpm..

on a gt35 turbo,i seriously doubt it man..thats a big as turbo,i no lads thats runing td05 hybrids on 5e's and gt30 on 5e and only getting full boost by 5krpm..how do you work yours out?

gedis

Member +
i run garret gt30 on 5e with cruise 264 cams, full boost is about 5500rpm, max power at 7700rpm, are you using nos to reduce lag?

Toyota T23

Member +
so your nos is gonna take down your lag by 3k rpm?
whats the rest of your spec

Yes i am quite sure i will have full bost before 4000rpm.
Well there are many ways to get faster boost, both intake and exaust manifold are very importnet.
And also my head, i bet you havent seen one quite like that.

But i just wantet to know, at what rpm you guys with 256/264 cams had max power..

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
yeah i understand that dude, just that i did'nt no that nos would lower the lag SOO much, im like you i getting a head done that should release and fair amount of power up top,

your gonna find the max power of each engine different as different map's, turbo set up's will effect max power , but that t70 or gt35 will be still be making power way over the 7.7k rpm bracket:rockon:

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
You'd be surprised how much the nitrous brings the lag down and the more you run the more it reduces the lag.

That said, a GT35 is fookin huge! to spool that anywhere before 4k is going to be a mission and alot of nos! Prob a 150-200shot that tails off when the turbos in otherwise the head is going to struggle to stay on the block!

Some of the Drift guys use nitrous as antilag on big turbo setups, it switches of automatically on boost, quite easy to setup.

Toyota T23

Member +
yeah i understand that dude, just that i did'nt no that nos would lower the lag SOO much, im like you i getting a head done that should release and fair amount of power up top,

your gonna find the max power of each engine different as different map's, turbo set up's will effect max power , but that t70 or gt35 will be still be making power way over the 7.7k rpm bracket:rockon:

I dont aree, if you have full boost at 4000 rpm, and all the way to redline, then it wont be the size of turbo, that deside at what rpm you have max power, exept if it is to small..

Toyota T23

Member +
You'd be surprised how much the nitrous brings the lag down and the more you run the more it reduces the lag.

That said, a GT35 is fookin huge! to spool that anywhere before 4k is going to be a mission and alot of nos! Prob a 150-200shot that tails off when the turbos in otherwise the head is going to struggle to stay on the block!

Some of the Drift guys use nitrous as antilag on big turbo setups, it switches of automatically on boost, quite easy to setup.

I tryed this GT35 on a 4agze(1,6L) many times.
5E is only 100ccm smaller, and my new head flows much better than 4a, after some serius headjob, so with nos, i am 100% sure i will get full boost, just as fast..

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
I tryed this GT35 on a 4agze(1,6L) many times.
5E is only 100ccm smaller, and my new head flows much better than 4a, after some serius headjob, so with nos, i am 100% sure i will get full boost, just as fast..

Fairplay, its always good to see people trying something new, I'll be watching your progress with great interest!

What will you be using the car for? I assume drag racing?

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
put a td05 on a 5e you would get full boost at about 4kish and tail of about 7kish, so put a gt35 with nos, still get full boost at 4k, BUT that turbo will keep flowing way up over 8k,

Toyota T23

Member +
put a td05 on a 5e you would get full boost at about 4kish and tail of about 7kish, so put a gt35 with nos, still get full boost at 4k, BUT that turbo will keep flowing way up over 8k,

I have a few friends running a 4agte, they all run the same turbo(T70) and over 2 bar.
They dont have same hp, and where they have the max hp is no way near the same.
They run different cams, and dont have the same headjob.
The crazy one have 638hp at 9000rpm :) still stock pistons and rods...

Toyota T23

Member +
Fairplay, its always good to see people trying something new, I'll be watching your progress with great interest!

What will you be using the car for? I assume drag racing?

Just for fun, i have 2 engines, and always working on 1, aiming for more power everytime.
It is my wintercar.

A

Animal GT

I have a few friends running a 4agte, they all run the same turbo(T70) and over 2 bar.
They dont have same hp, and where they have the max hp is no way near the same.
They run different cams, and dont have the same headjob.
The crazy one have 638hp at 9000rpm :) still stock pistons and rods...

ohh god..over hear no hope..abroad anyting seems posible..i realy dont get it:haha:

Phil

Super Moderator
these 4agte are they using stock 4agze internals?

they are forged as stock i think, or at least very very strong.

Phil

gedis

Member +
yes i read before that stock 4agze's can make big bhp on standart internals, although, thei need arp bolts(head and botom end) and metal headgasket