Petrol tanks

p2d

Member +
Are the Paseo tanks the same as a Starlet, because my donor car got stolen :mad: and you cant find a Paseo tank ANYWHERE. I got asked about 5 times if people could buy my spare tank!

Texx

Super Moderator
Totota EPC shows different part numbers for both fuel tanks, so I would guess that a Starlet tank wont fit a Paseo.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
not necessarily true, there could be minimal differences between the two but that doesnt mean it wont fit?

if there a completely different shape then fair enough, it could just be down to the fact that one holds 40 litres and one 45 etc?

Texx

Super Moderator
TBH I'd just woke up and didn't really look at the pictures, just the part numbers.. :homer:

Yer right, probably would fit.

Starlet Tank:

starlettank.jpg

Paseo Tank:

paseotank.jpg

Jay

Admin
Unless someone can prove otherwise do not expect it to be interchangable. That's the way these things are answered - firsthand experience.

dan_ep82

Member +
looking at the picture i think it would be worth a shot the two look remarkably similar and im sure u wud be able to get around it if it did't

dan_ep82

Member +
and i just noticed if u look the part numbers are actually the same just written in different places on the drawing! 77100

Jay

Admin
Bear in mind that the diagrams aren't reliable. They aren't dimensionally correct by any means.

That still doesn't stop you finding out for the next guy who is in the same predicament. Firsthand experience - be the first one with the answer. :)

dan_ep82

Member +
yeah mate i know they can be way off sometimes but im sure it says the same part number or am i looking at it wrong lol

Jay

Admin
yeah mate i know they can be way off sometimes but im sure it says the same part number or am i looking at it wrong lol

That's only the part ID number - there will be a list of part numbers below that to choose from in the next screen of the EPC.