Phones, whats everybody using??

Gilly2006

Member +
yet again i have to drive to manchester arndale tomorrow to the apple store to sort my faulty iphone 4 that won't turn on.
this is the 3rd iphone iv sent to them and quite frankly im getting tired of it!!

whats people using apart from iphones?

anybody recommend me anything?

Guye

Lifer
Our company is all blackberry. They've just ordered a torch 9860 to replace the rubbish torch 9800....I miss my Nokia.

Jay

Admin
Been enjoying a HTC Wildfire for over a year now, first touchscreen I've ever got on with!

Jay

Kyle_R

Member +
Im using a iPhone 4 have been since new and only had 2 faults. Vibe motor died so replaced phone then hardware failure. Touch wood this 1 stays ok had it since oct

Texx

Super Moderator
HTC Desire S, would have got the Sensation but wanted something a little smaller.

Had it since August last year, no problems to report and only rebooted it twice in 9 months.

kemnaychris

Member +
Not so gd all my mates ones break n mine never does lol I had a 3GS for 2 years not 1 fault :) sold it to my mate n 2 days later the antenna broke :(

Got a 4s now n it's amazing no faults so far :)

If I was to get other than iPhone I would go galaxy or htc :)

studoc72

Member +
All i hear is issues with iphones a friend works for o2 and says the amount of people coming in with faults is unbelieveable. Never been a fan of anything other than the ipod. There over rated and over priced you pay for tht little apple logo on it. Saying tht my fones a Dell Streak its too big but its some fone in comparison.

Fro

Member +
If I wasn't using an iPhone I'd be looking into an HTC One or the Samsung S2, both been reviewed pretty well against the iPhone 4

SupaStu

Member +
Been enjoying a HTC Wildfire for over a year now, first touchscreen I've ever got on with!

Jay

I've the same, but the screen has just stopped working, 24 months warranty so need to get it sent off to get fixed. Back to a very old sony Ericsson! Old school, no smart features or facebook lol

Paul_JJ

Member +
New Samsung S3 would be your pick if you like the Iphone.

I used to like Sony Ericsson, but not anymore, now they're all pretty much the same - Samsung/HTC/Sony

Blackbrerry is what I'm using, I use the email very often and it's the best phone for the email or typing the sms for example, it's also good just a simple phone use, but not good enough for the internet - compared to other new phones. The battery life is way better than any big touch screen, also I've heard that new S3 would have a very good battery life as well.

Regarding the Iphone I personally would stay away from that, it's a cheaply made phone for mega money. And I know at least 4 people who had to replace their faulty Iphones -) And the battery life is crap and you can't even have a spare one.

Ideally you need 2 phones and most of the business people do it - 1) Blackberry for work and emails and as a phone to answer the phone calls - 2)Iphone or Samsung or HTC or SONY whatever you like - for Internet browsing/games/aps etc...

Last edited:

Gilly2006

Member +
so i finally went down to apple and kindly and politly said, why has this stopped working, i explained there was a crack on the screen which i did just after i bought it, but its been fine ever since with no problems.
she said the only way we could give you a new one, is if you paid £119 quid!!!
i very nicely told them where they can shuv there iphones and walked out.

continued into the 02 shop, i explained to the fella behind the counter about everything and he told me to buy the phone back for £119 and go downstairs in the arndale center and sell it to a company called CEX.
i took his advice and sold the phone which id just got from apple for £237. after that i was very happy.
looking at the samung S3 i think that will be next choice of phone. :)

JayJ

Fresh Recruit
I had HTC desireHD, but now my GF is using it since I moved to One X. The best I have ever used!

dac69er

Super Moderator
i have a blackberry curve 9360. really reliable phone, other than the speaker that went really quiet on me. got a new one off ebay for the princely sum of £4 delivered and its as good as new again :) the battery life isnt astonishing though :(

Paul_JJ

Member +
i have a blackberry curve 9360. really reliable phone, other than the speaker that went really quiet on me. got a new one off ebay for the princely sum of £4 delivered and its as good as new again :) the battery life isnt astonishing though :(

To extend the battery life all you need to do is to turn the 3G off and leave the phone in 2G only, unless you're using the internet. The email works just fine with the 2G as well. On my Blackberry the battery life is minimum 3 days. This way you would need to manually turn the 3G on when you start browing the internet, it's a bit of a hassle but well worth it.

This advise would apply pretty much to any phone -) But does a good job on the Blackberry in particular, I did that with my old Sony Ericsson p990i as well - by the way I still use that as a Spare phone and it works just fine even though I dropped it about 500 times -)

Paul_JJ

Member +
so i finally went down to apple and kindly and politly said, why has this stopped working, i explained there was a crack on the screen which i did just after i bought it, but its been fine ever since with no problems.
she said the only way we could give you a new one, is if you paid £119 quid!!!
i very nicely told them where they can shuv there iphones and walked out.

continued into the 02 shop, i explained to the fella behind the counter about everything and he told me to buy the phone back for £119 and go downstairs in the arndale center and sell it to a company called CEX.
i took his advice and sold the phone which id just got from apple for £237. after that i was very happy.
looking at the samung S3 i think that will be next choice of phone. :)

I won't be surprised if Apple will go bankrupt in a few years time!