piggyback ecu's?

sx_turbo

Lifer
i piggy back ecu is wired into the standard ecu.

e.g. a greddy emanage is a piggyback

a standalone ecu, gets rid of the standard ecu,

Dan3SGTE

Member +
and the difference is basically that most piggybacks will not be as precise as a standalone and will not come with as many "optional" tricks, i.e launch control,traction control, anti lag etc etc.... although there are some i.e E-manage ultimate ive heard do great things......

You'll find better tunes with standalones obviously providing your tuner knows what hes doing... But they are alot more money....

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
Piggyback ECU's are great thing's as they allow you to keep all the best things about your standard ECU yet you get the other benefit's, and the latest piggyback ecu's are the closest you will get to a standalone, they do a hell of alot of things and for 99% of starlet users a piggyback like this is more than up to the job for them, i agree with a standalone you will get a more accurate map but the gain's are not worth the extra cash imo but then again others wont agree.

~Nick

Dan3SGTE

Member +
I agree with you nick.. for your average starlet the latest Piggybacks will do more then the job you need.....

It just depends what you want out of the car, what plans you have etc etc... And obviously how much you have to splash out.... standalones are very expensive i must admit.....