Plastic On Plastic

Gee

Member +
Hi all,

I have my gauges and BC etc in my centre console as per the picture below, but the boost controller is coming off the plastic.

This was glued down with a heat gun, but is still coming off.

Are there anyother ways of gluing/sticking plastic to plastic that will actually hold very strong without permanently bonding it?

DSC01715.jpg

Last edited:

glanzanut

Lifer
the closest thing you will get is tiger seal mate it will def hold them and can be removed with a bit of time

Idrees

Banned
Tigerseal will work well, but might leave a mark when removed. I have some in the garage if you wanna use it the next time you come down ;)

Gee

Member +
Tigerseal will work well, but might leave a mark when removed. I have some in the garage if you wanna use it the next time you come down ;)

Yes please!

It has completely fallen off now.

Will give you a bell.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
have u tried silicone on the back & letting it dry?

Monkfish

Member +
Gee, any chance you can post some before and after pics and tell us how you made that and what you used? I'm going to blatently rob your idea and adapt it for my '82 :p

EDIT:- Did you use something like This? :)

Last edited:

Gee

Member +
Gee, any chance you can post some before and after pics and tell us how you made that and what you used? I'm going to blatently rob your idea and adapt it for my '82 :p

I did not make it I'm afraid.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
Whats that stuff called that is used to glue the plastic screen behind your door panels.

That can be removed but sticks pretty good.:)

you mean behind the doorcars? that sticky black stuff? if yeas i dont know whats it called. i call it pretty fuckin sticky ! :S

GTti

Member +

I'm doing one at the moment Monkfish.

This is what you want

The holes are for 52mm gauges, would imagine it'd be a bit of a pain cutting this yourself. Could probably find them cheaper elsewhere too.

Last edited:

Monkfish

Member +

I'm doing one at the moment Monkfish.

This is what you want

The holes are for 52mm gauges, would imagine it'd be a bit of a pain cutting this yourself. Could probably find them cheaper elsewhere too.

Hmm, that's only carbon effect, I'd prefer real carbon like the eBay link I posted. That said, I can see my father being rather pissed at me if I destroy several jigsaw blades cutting a real CF panel. :p