PM Inbox - Half my inbox just got deleted. WTF??

clarkytrd

Member +
Just went into my inbox and nearly all of my messages are gone.

Any reason for this??

Had lots of important messages in it and now they are all gone,

Just noticed half my members garage got deleted too??

WTF?? :mad:

jamesbaa

Member +
yeah i think so, your inbox would have gone from the 400 capasity to the 100 for non paid, just an idea!

hopefully a mod will have an answer for ya!

clarkytrd

Member +
Dont think my membership is up already though....

My members garage was half gone from the other day though I think, inbox only half emptied a half hour ago!?

And there is probably no way of getting my messages back is there?

clarkytrd

Member +
Mmm I dunno Aidan...

Its a cunt, took me ages to do my garage lol, not too worries bout that,

I had loadsa messages with prices for parts, etc... and they are all gone.

Hardly a virus?? Again!!

jamesbaa

Member +
Mmm I dunno Aidan...

Its a cunt, took me ages to do my garage lol, not too worries bout that,

I had loadsa messages with prices for parts, etc... and they are all gone.

Hardly a virus?? Again!!

Wouldnt have thought it would be a virus unless it was on the TGTT side, but then more people would have been affected and i think its very unlikely that could happen :confused:

clarkytrd

Member +
I dont know what is after causing this then.

Its wrecking my head.

Anyone ever had same experience before?!

gv1.3

Admin
last year we had a few pages vanish from a couple of members garages but it was an issue with the software needing to be upgraded, since then we have had no reports of this.

We have had never had reports of PMs going missing.

Lets wait and see if anyone reports anything else unusual, everything is backed up so dont worry. It is a VERY time consuming process to get at the backed up data though but if there is content from some messages that you desperately need we can retrieve it.

clarkytrd

Member +
That brilliant Dylan thanks

I only need about 15 messages, They havent been there any longer than January so if its no hassle, is it possible to get them back?!

Thanks Again

John

gv1.3

Admin
lets wait a day or two to see if anyone reports that they have had a problem as I have to take the site down to get at the backups and would prefer to do it all together and get everything everyone has requested :)

clarkytrd

Member +
Hey Dylan

My inbox is after being totally emptied now, five mins ago there was about 6 or 7 messages in it, now its empty!?

Whats going on, do you know?!

Cheers

John

gv1.3

Admin
lads can you let me know if all of these messages that have vanished were from one person or a couple of people, how old the messages were and when the last time you had access to them was.

This is very odd

clarkytrd

Member +
Alot of mine were from Bob@ECC Dylan, and could have been alot there since january, there was on or two from Chris@CCM.

They are the only ones I would like back as theres some prices and info in them.

If ya cant get them back, dont worry bout it dude.

Thanks for your help Dylan, Appreciate it

John

gv1.3

Admin
Hi was there a word in any of the private messages that I could search the database for? like "cusco" or "tannabe" or something like that?

the messages may still be there but just not visible to you, I would like to try find out what has gone on here.

clarkytrd

Member +
I would say the title to most of the pm's from east coast customs would of been:

Hel Rear Brake Lines
Engine Work

Think they were both titles to most of the messages

Thanks Dylan

John