Possible impact damage to engine

Hi,
As you may have gathered, My Sera 5E turbo was recently written off by a truck. The engine has not escaped unscathed, I wonder if anyone who's dealt with accident damaged engines could advise on whether or not the block itsself is ok.

Pics:
crash1.jpg

crash3.jpg

The PAS pump has had a whack, breaking the mounting bracket and leaving the belt hanging loose. the engine has moved back and towards the near side breaking the map sensor, the actuator has been knocked wonky, but the mani and turbo look fine. I can't see any other damage, but visibility has obviously been effected somewhat.
So, any clear signs as to whether or not it's ok, bearing in mind I can't run it?
I was hoping to get the car back and fix and run the engine prior to removal, but it's a cat B so that doesn't look possible. Unfortunately I can't check oil as the dipstick tube is bent and the radiator cracked so no coolant either.

Any advice much appreciated.

tgidavid

Member +
Block is pretty tough and can take a hit. Was the car running when it got hit? I'd worry more about internal damage rather than the damage to the block.