Power FC boost control unit & 3bar map sensor install

azerty

Supermoderator
Hello all,

I have a POWER FC running well on the car,
I have the boost controler unit & 3 bar map sensor which I have just plugged. but I'm not able to activate it.
when I do activate, as soon as it reach boost, it cuts fuel or ignition violentely :(
any idea ?

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
i assume you have fitted it, piped it all up and then selected it either on the commander or on the fc edit software?

you need to select boost control kit and also the map sensor you are running needs setting to apexi type.

dac69er

Super Moderator
hmm, either something has been fitted incorrectly or something is defective. that is all my mate had to do when fitting his!?!?

whiteglanzav

Member +
the values that you enter into the settings box do not correspond with any logical numerical figures that you would have thought - basically you have to adjust the figures in the box untill you reach the desired boost level

none of it is defective dont worry about that - the settings on it are just a bit fiddley :)

dac69er

Super Moderator
the values that you enter into the settings box do not correspond with any logical numerical figures that you would have thought - basically you have to adjust the figures in the box untill you reach the desired boost level

none of it is defective dont worry about that - the settings on it are just a bit fiddley :)

but if you are fitting the apexi map sensor the settings are preprogrammed in as they should be. you shouldnt have to alter anything unless you use a different type of sensor that doesnt match one already on the list

azerty

Supermoderator
yeah I know boost setting has to be setup on the duty box,
the prob is different, I get a fuel (or ignition) cut :(
I'll try tommorow again as I activated those feature while driving, so that might be the reason

Last edited:

Rory

Lifer
This sounds like the problem im having with my PFC.... But im not running the boost control kit.

It seems to cut the ignition when trying to give it some stick... Im yet to figure out what it was.

Wass going fine at the dyno, got it home then it started this cutting out buisness.

azerty

Supermoderator
I did few test again.
I have desactivated boost control kit, and activated 3 bar map sensor only. the car is totaly offset. no iddle.
I beleive the offset given in the APEXI map sensor might be wrong ?

whiteglanzav, i notice the Sensor Offset value you were using in your map was different for the Apexi default one. where have you found your value ? should I use that ? I would be surprised Apexi would give the option to choose Apexi 3bar map sensor and they would give wrong default setting. but who knows

do I need to physicaly remove OEM map sensor ?

Last edited:

whiteglanzav

Member +
I did few test again.
I have desactivated boost control kit, and activated 3 bar map sensor only. the car is totaly offset. no iddle.
I beleive the offset given in the APEXI map sensor might be wrong ?

whiteglanzav, i notice the Sensor Offset value you were using in your map was different for the Apexi default one. where have you found your value ? should I use that ? I would be surprises Apexi would give the option to choose Apexi 3bar map sensor and they would give wrong default setting. but who knows

do I need to physicaly remove OEM map sensor ?

yes you need to disconnect the oem map sensor

i am not sure about the values as i didnt do them myself they were done by my tuner who is now on holiday - seems strange that both you and rory are having the same problem with the boost cut - what boost are you trying to run it at ? i ran it at 1.1 bar and it was ok

azerty

Supermoderator
I think it cuts aroun 1.1/1.2 bar

so I need to unplug the factory map sensor wire ? are you sure about that ?

azerty

Supermoderator
I noticed that as the OEM line was on the 3 bar map sensor :p
but didn't know factory MAP sensor wire had to be physicaly removed. I though "unticked" would be enough (as you cannot tick both anyway...)

still doesn't explain why your tuner didn't use default apexy sensor offset value

weeJohn

Lifer
Its because the ecu fuel cuts if it sees more boost than is selected in the boxes in some way. I have the info on my laptop, I will log on with it an post it up for you later.

weeJohn

Lifer
Boost value is the target boost value the Boost Control System tries to reach and hold. Click in the box and type in the desired value. Fuel cut will occur if boost reaches 0.25 Bar above the Target Boost value.

Duty setting determines the Waste Gate Control Solenoid’s initial position (% opening) before the Boost Control system starts to control boost
Click in the box and type in the desired Value
If the number is too LOW, boost will lag and take more time to reach the desired Boost level. This will cause no damage but may make the car feel sluggish
If the number is too HIGH, boost may spike and over shoot the desired boost level before settling back down.

Exhaust Temp Light flashing. Over 1.2 Bar the factory Map sensor will not be accurate. Exhaust Temp Light will flash when Boost is over 1.1 Bar.

weeJohn

Lifer
How do you upload a PDF file to the site? I have the PFC user guide on PDF, if I can get it uploaded it can be made a sticky I am sure.

azerty

Supermoderator
That's nice info !!!! So I'll write 1 bar and 0% duty cicle, just to see if I don't get any fuelcut anymore :)

not sure it can be uploaded here. but I'm sure Dylan would host the file.
we definitly need to do a PFC sticky topic :p

I'm working on lot on to it those last few days. realy loving it.
tried few configuration, with and without aquamist. very interesting :)

Last edited: