Power fc from one engine to my similar spec engine ok???

bigdoods

Member +
I have
10cc dished wiseco pistons at 74mm standard bore
cruise 1.4mm h-g,
pauter rods,
td04l-13g turbo

He has
10cc dished wiseco pistons at 74.5mm bore,
1.2mm h-g,
pauter rods.
Td04l-13g turbo

Were both using an apexi 3bar map sensor and sard 550cc injectors

Im getting a power fc and commander off him and its mapped for 1.4 bar on the td04l turbo.this is the boost i want to run.do ye think it will be safe to plug and play?I will be plugging in a wideband also to check how shes fuelling if/when i do plug and play and will be able to stop if its not fuelling correctly.

there are the following factors im aware of
1)different fuel-hes 99 octane and im 95octane
2) the condition of the turbo could vary.
3)The compression may be slightly different?(could someone calculate this again please for the two engines as i dont know how to)

Thanks and rep for helpers:)

bigdoods

Member +
i know and its the exact same thing id post up if i was sitting at home in front of the computer BUT...i cant afford it and was just wondering about this way

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
Yep, another map for safety and best possible performance. Otherwise, what's the point of having one if it doesn't match your cars spec? All cars perform differently when modified...

Aidan-G

Member +
i know and its the exact same thing id post up if i was sitting at home in front of the computer BUT...i cant afford it and was just wondering about this way

i know what you mean:)try it with the wideband for the fun,but it will need to be mapped

bigdoods

Member +
since the compressions are close to the same would i not have this going for me.also the same injectors,map sensor,..the only big difference is the octane of the fuel which im told that the power fc adjusts itself to suit? like auto idle,just leave the car run for 15mins and shel adjust?

Rory

Lifer
Why even think of it.
Why spend the money on the rebuild you have done, to possibly wreck it with an un-mapped PFC?

bigdoods

Member +
it wouldnt wreck it unless it ran rich or lean.i was just condsidering trying it out as i have no money for the map as of yet and the map could possibly be fine for the car and only need a few tweaks to get it going right on the wideband.

Trevor

Member +
Mapping

It would be madness not to get it mapped.You'll find the map he was running will only need minor tweeks and wouldn't cost much to get done.

Rory

Lifer
it wouldnt wreck it unless it ran rich or lean.i was just condsidering trying it out as i have no money for the map as of yet and the map could possibly be fine for the car and only need a few tweaks to get it going right on the wideband.

I wouldnt even consider it. Would need more than a wideband, just to be safe.
Its daft in my opinion.
Get it mapped.

bigdoods

Member +
It would be madness not to get it mapped.You'll find the map he was running will only need minor tweeks and wouldn't cost much to get done.

valid point valid point.il mention it to a tuner.see which one goes with the idea.

get it remapped....the difference in octane is a major one.....would hate to see u lose your engine over it..added to this, every single engine is different...even if built to the same spec

if the tuner of the previous engine was even near the extreme side, your engine would probably not last very long running that map

save the $$$ and get it done properly....it will be cheaper in the long run

IMO not worth the risk

T

tdo4starlet

yes remap it so it will suit your set up if not ,,it will be always in the back of your head ,,thinking will it be ok..you build the engine with the right stuff,,suited for a good tune,,,id remap,,peace of mind