Power fc map sensor

Rory

Lifer
Its the right one, but unsure if it plugs straight in?
If not im unsure if the plug comes with it??

BallıGee

Member +
plugs in to the side of the ecu with a harness that comes with the boost controler or you would need to change the setting with a datalogit and plug it into the car loom

Rory

Lifer
You sure your not thinking of the boost control kit, with the first part of your thought?
But from what your saying the map sensor in the link above, will plug into the standard plug on the loom?

plugs in to the side of the ecu with a harness that comes with the boost controler or you would need to change the setting with a datalogit and plug it into the car loom

BallıGee

Member +
its the same map sensor but two ways to fit i would be trying to source the 3pin wire and plug it in the side of the ecu rather then getting a vac gauge and try to recalabrate though the oem plugvia (datalogit)and the plus is turn the boost control setting on and wire you boost soliniod into the oem hi/low solinoid plug and use the 4 setting on the comander anything else ?

Rory

Lifer
Why would you need to recallibrate the sensor if the datalogit has the option to run this map sensor?

I think your getting confused, as i know the sensor from the AVCR can be used for the boost control kit, which in turn plugs into the side of the PFC unit.

Nothing else ;)

weeJohn

Lifer
The map sensor needs to be connected to the engine wiring loom or the ecu wont read it for fuelling.

Anything connected into the side plug of the Power FC is for boost control only.

However that sensor is to suit the D-Jetro type Power FCs, not the Starlet AP Engineering ones as they are the older type.

Matt Glanza

Member +
I ran the Boost controler kit that comes with the map sensor.And the apexi map sensor has its own harness that plugs into the ecu next to the port for the handcomander.It doesnt rely on the factory map sensor wiring.Not from what i had anyways.

ian

Member +
Im even more confused now !!

So the one from the link won't work ?

Is there any others to try, i do have a universal one but when i let off it brings on the engine management light, my tuner said it was something to do with the map sensor voltage - but i may have that wrong ???

Matt Glanza

Member +
Think your only option mate maybe to buy the PFC boost controler kit least u know it's gona work.u might be able to get one from rhdjapan but I knw when my contact in japan got mine he had a hard tine getting one as apexi are bust again I think?

Rory

Lifer
Thats what i thought on the wiring side of things.
But i know a Starlet that is running the same map sensor in the link, part # is the same and looks the same.

The map sensor needs to be connected to the engine wiring loom or the ecu wont read it for fuelling.

Anything connected into the side plug of the Power FC is for boost control only.

However that sensor is to suit the D-Jetro type Power FCs, not the Starlet AP Engineering ones as they are the older type.

Im running a GM 3 bar map sensor the no on my PFC, and i get the management light on, when i back off, im putting that down do it not reading properly through the scalar and offsets not being right for the voltages against presure etc
Ill be ordering one of these sensors, or ill be seeing if i can source one over here as you should be able to get one with a part #

Im even more confused now !!

So the one from the link won't work ?

Is there any others to try, i do have a universal one but when i let off it brings on the engine management light, my tuner said it was something to do with the map sensor voltage - but i may have that wrong ???

ian

Member +
I was also told that a rev 3 mr2 map sensor would work and it can be selected from the options on the pfc, but not sure if that is true and cant seem to find one on ebay anyway.

Rory

Lifer
Yeah it can be.

Datalogit has the option for the apexi sensor, SW20 and the standard one, along with options for 2 of your choice.

Matt Glanza

Member +
Map sensor part number DPS-310-2000A
hope this helps you.that's the sensor that comes with the PFC boost controller kit.

ian

Member +
Cool, cheers for that Rory, i'll think i'll persue the mr2 one as it will no doubt be a cheaper option than the apexi one.

Rory

Lifer
Which is the same as the one in the link..

Map sensor part number DPS-310-2000A
hope this helps you.that's the sensor that comes with the PFC boost controller kit.

No problem Ian, in that case how high does the SW20 map sensor read?