Problem with too much air and not enough fuel!!

dee23388

Member +
My Glanza is getting to much air and not enough fuel at the minute. Its running very lean and havent a clue why. Any1 any suggestions?

GTti

Member +
More info.

What are you running?
Where is it running lean?

If no mods, then check injectors and replace fuel filter, check stock FPR.

dee23388

Member +
even on the air-fuel ratio dial it is right down at the bottom of lean. Its not going right at the min. Only bought it, so only have the basics on it with intercooler.

Ted

Member +
even on the air-fuel ratio dial it is right down at the bottom of lean. Its not going right at the min. Only bought it, so only have the basics on it with intercooler.

if youve just bought it check for a hks fuel cut defender wired onto the ecu. its usually the main culprit for a starlet to run lean if fuelling isnt sorted to take the fcd into account

Mike@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.Tuning
right well if its going lean at 0.7 you don't wanna be going anywhere near 1 bar until its sorted :p

is this a narrowband afr you have or wideband? could be worth going somewhere to have it checked

dee23388

Member +
was told about that there! must try that as well. Getting it checked tonight as well. Have had a few problems already. Very nice glanza so had to buy it haha

dee23388

Member +
dont know that much about cars. Its my mates that are lookin at it. That wideband stuff is a whole other language to me lol

Mike@TD.co.uk

dont know that much about cars. Its my mates that are lookin at it. That wideband stuff is a whole other language to me lol
lol ok, does it have lean and rich and lights go round on it? or does it have a digital display, the latter being much better :)

dee23388

Member +
yeah has lean, then optimal and then rich. its off the clock at lean. Always down at teh bottom when the foot is down. Any ideas?

Mike@TD.co.uk

go gently on the car and take it somewhere that can test it with a wideband, could be your FCD confusing things or could be the afr gauge, would deffo take it to somewhere that can check the fueling is ok for you before you boost it anymore

Ted

Member +
those guages arent the most reliable. theres a few guys over here who have proper wideband testers who could check it for you

Jay

Admin
you need a proper fuelling run to check that it is safe. seen a few poorly modified examples recently so it's best to take it easy till you get it sorted.

if you need her checked out and some firsthand advice come see me dee. it's much easier to explain it all in person.

jay.

GTti

Member +
Sounds like you have a narrowband o2 sensor which is useless for your application, all this will do is sense if the mixture is richer than or leaner than stoich (14.7:1).

If you're running 0.7BAR then there is no need for an FCD and this is probably the cause of your problems.

Running even stoich on boost will lead to a dead engine in no time.