problems with insurance

sx_turbo

Lifer
just tried getting a qoute for an evo and i am being told they wont insure me on one and the only way they can insure me on it is for me to lose 6 months no claims and start with another company.

now back in november i had a bit of trouble getting a qoute for an impreza, after a load of arguing and me being in the wrong, i accepted this,

i then asked what cars i am NOT allowed to insure,

and they said

all imprezas
evo's newer than a 6
all cosworths
lotus elises
and things like ferrari's etc

ok cool,

ollie then checked this out for me and confirmed that this was correct on the 10/12/2010

now i phoned up yesterday to get a qoute on an evo 6 and low and begold they wopnt insure me on one, unless i cancel the policy lose the last 6months no claims and start a new one.

which is highly unfair.

apparently its because chacer have some sort of agreement with another insurer or some bulls##t excuse.

i really dont understand how since the 12 decenber things have changed,

all last year they kept saying gotta wait till your 25 and now this year there saying yes we will do it but at cost to you.

i hate insurance therejust crooks in suits and get out of everything,

i did think sky was really good helpful etc etc but this is just rediculous

Last edited:

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Cant insure a Lotus Elise? Are you not driving a much more powerful Starlet compared to that? Dont really understand the concept there. Also the all Cosworths thing? What about a Sierra Cossie, there only 200bhp and not really any newer than a Starlet.

I've had plenty of quotes for an Evo 5/6 but i did have some issues when putting in it was an import, like it suddenly just added 1000bhp.

If you want Evo insurance then i suggest you try Pace Ward, they agreed to insure me when i was 23 on just about any Evo and they could guarantee to be competitive.

http://www.pw-f.co.uk/

sx_turbo

Lifer
yeah it's the policy of the underwriter,

all those cars above are crashed on a regular basis and therefore cost the insurance a lot of money, hence why the underwriters are funny about them.

it's just really annoying for me, because i cant get a new car till my one sells and it might take 6 months for my car to sell and apparently underwiters can change there policy on a daily basis and they dont have to tell the customer they are changing the policy.

it's not really sky's fault, they have been quite helpful, i'm just really annoyed need someone to blame etc,

skyinsurance

Member +
i really dont understand how since the 12 decenber things have changed,

Hi,

things change fast in the world of insurance. Whilst we are also disappointed we cannot insure you on the new car via your existing underwriter, our hands are tied on this.

As you say though, we can re-broke this to another underwriter and start a new policy, the issue with this is your current policy will not it's fullcourse and gain the extra years NCB.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

skyinsurance

Member +
Cant insure a Lotus Elise? Are you not driving a much more powerful Starlet compared to that? Dont really understand the concept there. Also the all Cosworths thing? What about a Sierra Cossie, there only 200bhp and not really any newer than a Starlet.

Calculating insurance risks has a lot more to do with how fast a car is.

sx_turbo

Lifer
Hi,

things change fast in the world of insurance. Whilst we are also disappointed we cannot insure you on the new car via your existing underwriter, our hands are tied on this.

As you say though, we can re-broke this to another underwriter and start a new policy, the issue with this is your current policy will not it's fullcourse and gain the extra years NCB.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

yeah i understand ollie,

thanks for your help again, it's just one of those things i guess, will see what happens over the weekend see if the starship sells.

malcolmgt

Member +
its got to be tough for Sky as you say they are given rules and they follow.
got to stick up for Ollie though, Insurance changes every day, so many things happen and things get amended. if you got updated everytime if happened people would complain all the time about all the emails/letters etc.

My suggestion ricky is look at what car you want, look around for insurance. how many years ncd you got as most only take 5 so if its more than that dont bother staying if you want the car that bad :)