project: dark KNIGHT, engine rebuild

dark_knight

Member +
don't have a paid account here so pardon me if this is in the wrong section.. but i am rebuilding my motor and i thought i should share my progress. i would not mind critique and any ideas from the vast pool of knowledge here since most of mine is derived from hands-on experience and i may not have all bases covered.. :)

i'm rebuilding back to stock internals with a (relatively) fresh oil pump -- not brand spanking new from toyota, fresh coolant pump, new gaskets (all around the engine), new rings & bearings and some licks of paint/rust-treatment here and there. i intend to have the block inspected and if in good nick, honed for me to commence piecing it back together.

also freshening up my transmission after making a sobering discovery on why i spilled my box oil TWICE.. :mad:

Rev

Member +
I like the way you keep the quality so high this is a great build. My questions would be do you get too much heat through your intake tube and would better insulation help on hotter days? and I have always liked that type of manifold you have chosen can you share what spool are you getting with this say what rpm do you reach 0psi and 5 psi under load ?

dark_knight

Member +
Rev, once back on the road, i will take the readings and share, deal..? :)
it does get hot some days especially when i'm in slow or standstill traffic but my FM core does a swell job of dropping the intake temps as soon as i'm in motion again. i'd borrowed a probe temp sensor a while back and plugged it into various sections of my intake to get readings. will try and see if i can find some pix..

Rev

Member +
Back on the road that sounds good. Thinking again about your setup if idle is ok I think you have got it pretty right as you have lots of cruise air coming onto the alum. intake .

Last edited: