PS3 Steering Wheels

Sharkman645

Member +
Does anyone use a steering wheel for racing games on ps3, if so do you find it better than using controller?

Thanks in advance and rep will be given:)

ramshark

Member +
i have a thrustmaster force feedback wheel its really good for the likes of dirt 2 and grand turismo. Theres a better feel than the controller thats for sure all depends how much you want to spend on a wheel aswell

Sharkman645

Member +
I would be wanting it for gran turismo mainly, i am looking to buy a decent one couldnt see the ones at like 25 quid being up to much lol i will have a look into the thrustmaster cheers

steo800

Member +
definetly better than using a controller.

if its for gt5, dont get a logitech g27 anyway, have it and the buttons are not fully compatible with the game, and no idea if/when they will be

there is a couple of officially recognised wheels for it http://eu.gran-turismo.com/ie/news/d18526.html

the thrustmaster is only recently official, but the df gt has been around and ive never seen a bad thing said about it. used one aswell and no complaints.

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
I went for the DFGT,and for 100 its great.For 200 i wouldnt be grudge it,no problems what so ever.Gets my vote

Arnold

Lifer
There's only two wheels certified for GT, one of them being the GT Force by Logitech. It's the one they used in the GT launches and at the Le Mans Museum! I wanted it for Christmas but got some other Logitech wheel which isn't that great.

Sharkman645

Member +
the prices are unreal at the minute for the gt offical wheel, argos has it listed for 79.99 but i cant get one anywhere as they sold out, so i bought the gamestop own brand ps3 wheel and it is really good with gt 5 and it also works on pc which is handy for rfactor.

Arnold

Lifer
The argos ones have gone up a few quid now, probably down to VAT, but yes they've been unavailable for ages. I think they're get more stock when the new catalogue is out. For thirty quid more you can buy it from the Logitech Website directly.

The wheel i got was a Logitech Wireless Force, which i've now put on ebay *Caugh* I wanted the Force GT one

faisalgtturbo

Member +
logitech driving force gt users .. i just bought one its either fuked or daft i cant use it lol

any little over steer and it goes daft .... is it me or is there any way to set it up properly
thanks

faisal

s.murphy

Leinster Area Rep.
You can adjust the sensitivity in the options section on most games mate. It does take a while to get used to, but its well worth it in the end i think.

WallaceGlanza

Member +
logitech driving force gt users .. i just bought one its either fuked or daft i cant use it lol

any little over steer and it goes daft .... is it me or is there any way to set it up properly
thanks

faisal

You'll get used to it, just grip it harder and fight it! It won't break, I've been using the driving force GT for a year now and love it, you really need a proper stand to get thet best out of it though.

faisalgtturbo

Member +
cheers m8

tell me summut though when u crash does the wheel turn itself
and whn u reverse (after the crash) does it turn it self etc..

wtf

faisal

Paul_JJ

Member +
Does anyone use a steering wheel for racing games on ps3, if so do you find it better than using controller?

Thanks in advance and rep will be given:)

You need this mate

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/wheels/devices/5184

I plan to get one myself, it works on the PC, as well as PS3. I haven't play with that toy -) but I have played with a standard Logitech with a Force Feedback and it's absolutely amazing, you literally have to hold the steering wheel and it will be forcing your hands to the opposite direction when under heavy cornering, amazing thing, telling you! You feel the vibration like you do in the car, you feel the potholes/offroad just like you do in the car!!!