QUAIFE LSD Group Buy - Interest Thread

Gee

Member +
* Not a tech thread..so no need to move? *

OK..so the TRD LSD has been discontinued. Only good things I have heard about the QUAIFE but they are expensive!

So, who would be seriously interested in one? If we get a lot of interest, then I will approach a trader and see if we can get the price down a bit.

1) Gee

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
AKA "the lane changer" :p

Great bit of kit though, Gee one of the TRD LSD's is still available let me see which one can't remember off my head..

T

Adam_Glanza

Member +
toby got me the trd one still available afew weeks ago, had it fitted on saturday and it makes a very nice improvement!

makes driving so much smoother in every way which i didnt expect.

even cruising along at 40mph etc it just makes it effortless

very good piece of kit

Adam_Glanza

Member +
yeah which was perfect for wat i needed.

that nickname for them was wat put me off, i dont really wanna be lane changing into a 7 tonne truck ahha

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
It's all controllable :p

It's not the diff it's self its because of the drive shafts. The Quaife is quite aggressive, the normal drive shafts are unequal length meaning you will get torque steer when running high power, it's hard not too just more noticeable with the Quaife. If you run enough power it's inevitable what ever diff you use really.

That's why the stock LSD (Factory optional) has equal lenght shafts, to prevent torque steer but then you can't run much power through it. The only way around it is a custom gearbox with custom equal length shafts , cars like Saxos have a dampner on one shaft to help reduce this, nothing like that on the Starlet maybe we could try and design something got me thinking!!

T

Last edited:

sx_turbo

Lifer
, cars like Saxos have a dampner on one shaft to help reduce this, nothing like that on the Starlet maybe we could try and design something got me thinking!!

T

thats really not a good idea, 90% of saxo/106 driveshaft failures is because of this.

i sell lots of drive shafts for these at work :)

Rory

Lifer
AKA "the lane changer" :p

Great bit of kit though, Gee one of the TRD LSD's is still available let me see which one can't remember off my head..

T

Never had a problem with the Quaife, having torque steer, or trying to find the scenery(sp)
it does work wonders on track though.

My Cusco on the other hand, decides where it wants to go. :p

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Gee what sort of time frame are you looking at? I will deffo be after a Quaiffe at some point but not sure when funds will allow.

Gee

Member +
Toby,

It is the TRD HELICAL LSD I want. No clutch or mechanical.

Nengun and RHD have advised it has been withdrawn. Can you still get a helical from anywhere?

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Moneys available right away, however I am purchasing my diff early next month so if the group buy isn't organised by then i'm going ahead with my purchase, can't have this holding me up.

1) Gee
2) beatz
3) Spuddy