Question regarding rebuild kit.

terccraz05

Member +
I have a 93 model 4efte and transmission non-lsd. Now I heard that you need the VIN number of the vehicle in-order to purchase a transmission rebuld kit from Toyota. When I imported my motor I got a steel tag which specified motor and transaxle. Will this be enough to get the kit? Can anyone help in obtaining a kit from toyota in the UK? I would apperciate it.

terccraz05

Member +
Here is the tag I am talking about.

IMG_20101005_164551.jpg

terccraz05

Member +
Use the part listed as the frame number buddy. That should see you right.

Thank you. Now I live in the USA. Would I have to buy the parts from a Toyota dealer in UK? If so would someone be willing to find the cost of parts buy and ship them if I fund them the cash$$$??

Jay

Admin
The US dealer network aren't very fond of ordering parts which aren't used in the domestic model range. Someone told me on the Tercel site a few years back they were barred from doing it by the US importer.

Sourcing from elsewhere is your best bet I'm afraid. The European dealer network seems a lot more open to persuasion so I'm sure you will find someone to assist. THrow me a PM if you have any hassle with getting the right part number bro.

Jay