Quick intro... and what month/year is my EP82??

MWP

Member +
Hello from Adelaide, South Australia.

Ive had my EP82 for a few months now, and while i only bought it as a daily (i have a different project car, '77 Celica), im finding im spending time & $$s working on it anyway.

Im having problems working out what build date it is though...
The Aus compliance plate in the engine bay says 05/1990, but everything else about the car says its >92.

Can you guys help??

eNo1jcEKwjAQRH8l7L1mG21aticRKR4KxXqXGFobjVCaCBbx302o3va9YWYVSXo7WhOMRkPpSIazVtPd8Z2aWGO0461Xk-08q05s3xSCC8QiwTwROTsqa2fWbvmhrs5ZhnJ1G69xZkPQG2uhNIQBMwKt9NBFThf2w_Nx-ecpwSvWwvMCERYz_4yM5vMFWrcvXA%2C%2C.jpg

eNo1jcsKwjAQRX8lzL7mYR9huhKR4qJQrHsZQ7XRCKWJYBH_3Ybqbs653DuEOb49rhEGa6D0mM9nTePd8y2NrLHG8zbQ6LrAqiPbNVpxJYRORJGogh3IuYm1G76vq1OWyXR1G65xJkW4WOegtChmzBAMmb6LLBcO_fNx_ucS4RVr83MtBCxm-pk8ms8XWl0vWw%2C%2C.jpg

IMAGE REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS

Jay

Admin
Welcome to the site,

She's a mk1 built between Dec 1989 and Dec 1991. PM me if you want me to find an exact month and year bro.

Jay

PSI JOE

Member +
doesnt it say on the green tag 05/90

may of 1990 production? no?

anyway +1 on the rallying lol nice dude! looks like you enjoy your car; and thats deff not bad!

MWP

Member +
doesnt it say on the green tag 05/90
may of 1990 production? no?

It does, and im guessing from what people have said here, it is correct.

I thought it may have been >92 due to the info here:
http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/showthread.php?t=52
and the fact that a brake pad catalogue i looked at said i required >92 pads.

anyway +1 on the rallying lol nice dude! looks like you enjoy your car; and thats deff not bad!

Heh, thanks.
I wasnt rallying tho... i was out to spectate/photograph some though.
Just the roads to get there were pretty hairy.
Im used to driving my old shitbox ('76 Corona) to these events which i could thrash around on the dirt.... gotta be a little more careful with the Starlet :(

One of my photos from the rally :)
eNo1jUEOgjAQRa9CZg8MINBMVy6MccFGD0BqRahWIbYaifHutlZXM-9N_h9BjF6GCoJJSeCGFiVBI25nk64e3dWaNEdkMdZxXkdbofUc7Zbpplm3JZZVcpr6b4jgqLQGrggdugop5NB5zgLb4X7Z_-8ZwdPH3FeGCMHMP1MF4yr12I9-RQI_WDDtJC3wA2FS8PcHSSE1Zg%2C%2C.jpg

Member +
firstly welcome to the site. :)

maybe im barking up the wrong tree here and a little off topic, but you're car has a 17 digit chassis number, so surely it is within european standards i.e. not a grey jap import?
so does this prove that there were actually gt turbos made for the european market?
any thoughts and opinions would be good.

sorry for spamming you're thread dude

Jay

Admin
No mate, all cars have a 17 digit VIN number but they don't always use them as some of the figures relate to emissions and such.

The Starlet Turbo was not available outside of Japan.

The plate above has been added on it's arrival in Australia by the looks of it.