real or fake?

dac69er

Super Moderator
i ordered one of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Greddy-Type-S...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3a55dc68b9

offered them 85 and they accepted, looks real, will let ya know what its like when it arrives

same one mate. let me know if it is real. if it is ill be getting me one of those. a mate has offered me his genuine one for £80. its missing the sticker and has a couple of small scratches but nowt much. will buy that if these turn out to be fake.

when did you buy yours mate?

Fro

Member +
Dang i thought this was gunna be boobs.

The boxes and packaging looks like the real deal? Damn cheap tho. Greddy have a website that shows you all the differnces between the fakes and real ones, get paddy to check when his comes and if its all above board order one!
Awesome sounding bov too, love mine!

Paddy

Lifer
same one mate. let me know if it is real. if it is ill be getting me one of those. a mate has offered me his genuine one for £80. its missing the sticker and has a couple of small scratches but nowt much. will buy that if these turn out to be fake.

when did you buy yours mate?

ordered it about 5 days ago. with the badge and box im guessin its genuine, didnt think fake ones had badges.

starlet666

Member +
i almost bought one myself cause they look the real deal.... let us all know mate cause that is the only valve i want.... i used to have a type r on my s15 but am keen to get the type s cause they sound awesome

Paddy

Lifer
it arrived today, very good qualtiy, the instructions are in japanese, which i guess is a good sign and the sticker for the top was not stuck to the valve, came seperatly in th little bag with it. fitted it but cant get it to sound right, i was hoping it would sound like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPOEjAnQIlI

but it sounds like a puff, blowing whale sort of sound, loosened the nut on the top and still couldnt get it to sound right, would tightening it help? the vacuum hose is is on the top nipple. rep for help. cheers

rb69

Member +
Yeah tighten it up instead mate. I had to do this on a standard set up. I adjusted mine one turn at a time until i got the whistle sound I wanted.

ALaN

Member +
Yep tighten it up until the plunger is just closed on idle and you should be sorted mate and that's the right bit for the vacuum the other let's the pressure out from the other side of the diaphram

SupaStu

Member +
Rofl at the comments on the Youtube link haha (not against the Bov tho)

Take the car for a good run and get it warmed up, then see if it sounds. If not maybe its a good looking fake.

Best to buy from japland for these kinda things.