Rear caliper drivers side siezed and smoking

ep91_matt

Fresh Recruit
hello all

i was out the other day and felt the car struggling a little pulled in at a garage only to see smoke coming from the caliper plus the caliper paint bubbling NOT GOOD lol so i'm in need of a replacement.

will an ep82 caliper fit my ep91?

is there any other issues aside from changing fluid etc?

any help will be appreciated thanks guys

corofin12345

Member +
hello all

i was out the other day and felt the car struggling a little pulled in at a garage only to see smoke coming from the caliper plus the caliper paint bubbling NOT GOOD lol so i'm in need of a replacement.

will an ep82 caliper fit my ep91?

is there any other issues aside from changing fluid etc?

any help will be appreciated thanks guys

is you disc ok?

lleey2k4

Member +
^^^ As above if it's been like that a while you may have wore the pad down and the disk maybe pitted.

So would require disks and pads aswell.

ep91_matt

Fresh Recruit
yeah i changed rear discs and pads around 3 months ago checked calipers cleaned them both working fine at the time i dont get to drive it much so has'nt been used a lot since doing the brakes. disc has gone blue so will have to have a new set + pads again :(

will calipers from ep82 fit ep91?

VXR230BHP

Member +
yeah i changed rear discs and pads around 3 months ago checked calipers cleaned them both working fine at the time i dont get to drive it much so has'nt been used a lot since doing the brakes. disc has gone blue so will have to have a new set + pads again :(

will calipers from ep82 fit ep91?

If its gone blue then thats a heck of a lot of heat build up, Glanza and GT calipers are the same.

ep91_matt

Fresh Recruit
not fully blue but like a superbikes exhaust where the metal is turnin when i got it home smoke just steamin off it so must of been really hot.

nice one mate rep added