Rear fog lamp loom?

VXR230BHP

Member +
Back again sorry :haha:.....i noticed that some of the GT's have a fog lamp mounted on the lower bumper...now correct me if i'am wrong but is this only on the imports ???? when i install my GT loom on my EP80 will i have to put extra wiring in for the rear fog lamp or will a GT loom already have that loom for the fog in it ?

Last edited:

GTnomez

Member +
You will have to make a switch and mount the rear fog yourself as its an MOT requirement in the UK.

VXR230BHP

Member +
You will have to make a switch and mount the rear fog yourself as its an MOT requirement in the UK.

My EP80 alreadly has a switch for the fog but all that loom has gone due to be replaced with 4EFTE loom. So the GT's were never wired with a rear fog when new ? If so will i have to install a switch, relay and wiring for this ?

Texx

Super Moderator
Have you changed the dash wire harness? As I don't see why the engine harness would have any affect on the rear fog lamp wiring?

Craig_GT

Lifer
My EP80 alreadly has a switch for the fog but all that loom has gone due to be replaced with 4EFTE loom. So the GT's were never wired with a rear fog when new ? If so will i have to install a switch, relay and wiring for this ?

correct, GT's never had a rear fog, when they are brought into the UK they must have one fitted tho (mot requirements)

Jay

Admin
GT's never had rear foglamps but check your donor car in case it's already wired in.

Just fit an after market switch in mate, you can still wire it up to the standard EP80 foglamp in the bootlid for neatness.