Rear Fog Light? What you got?

Monty

Member +
I have a daft looking square fog light that is attatched below my bumper just to the side of the exhaust. Do i need to have one fitted? And if so is there anyway of getting a smaller one where i can locate it into the number plate space?

Adam_Glanza

Member +
yeah u need a fog lamp, ive got that too its just a universal one they put on to get threw the m.o.t

you can probably bodge it up to one of the reverse lights if you can really be bothered but its alota hassle for such a small annoyance lol

Rory

Lifer
Putting it in the reverse light is easy.
Just put a red bulb in and hook it up to a switch, job done and it passes mot's

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
i have no rear fog light and it passed the nct,surely if the manufactuor didnt fit one they can't fail it..

Monty

Member +
Putting it in the reverse light is easy.
Just put a red bulb in and hook it up to a switch, job done and it passes mot's

How do i do that? Is there spaces for another light to go in? Anyone with pics on how to do it would be very much apreciated!

Adam_Glanza

Member +
well thats not the rules for england 180kph.

you need a foglight or it wont pass plain and simple thats why people hook up universal ones.

i dont have pictures etc but its not too hard, if your any good with electrics then its a doddle.

you would just take out the white bulb and replace it with a red bulb.

and then hook up the electrics to a switch in the dash etc.

Rory

Lifer
Monty - If you already have the fog light installed its a case of takeing the wires from the existing one and hooking it up to one of the reverse lights (obviously you lose a reverse light)
Its pretty simple, but ill try and get pics for you, it raining up here though.

Monty

Member +
Monty - If you already have the fog light installed its a case of takeing the wires from the existing one and hooking it up to one of the reverse lights (obviously you lose a reverse light)
Its pretty simple, but ill try and get pics for you, it raining up here though.

Were in scotland make, its always bloody raining! Especially where you are up in them hills!

cole

Member +
my foglight was built into my lights or maybee just my right light i cant remember but mines the 98 version with the diffrent lights

dac69er

Super Moderator
i want a small foglight like this:

DSC00236.jpg

its on my mates GT4. i emailed the import company and they didnt email me back. cant seem to find a small foglight like that. seem to see alot of them though

C

CaL

i want a small foglight like this:

DSC00236.jpg

its on my mates GT4. i emailed the import company and they didnt email me back. cant seem to find a small foglight like that. seem to see alot of them though

haaahaa unlucky...thats the exact same as mine mounted in the exact same place

Sham

Member +
I been looking for them too....
But cant find them so use the big ugly universal ones for the imports...

dac69er

Super Moderator
ive just made mine easily removeable so i dont use it all year round the plug it in and screw it on just before MOT ;)

need a small one then ill keep it on. thos big arse motorfactor ones are crap. they hang so damn low i think ill smash it off or something

dac69er

Super Moderator
I dont have one only put it on for MOT then it comes straight off.

i would keep doing that but the police seem to be getting a bit hotter on little things like that so if i can just get a nice small foglight ill keep it on. save any hassle from the police, or vosa roadside checks if your really unlucky

Monty

Member +
I modded my light tonite lads, it pissedme off so much i went out in the pissing rain and got soaked whilst taking everyting off! Took it in the house including the number plate. Dis assembled the light and bolted it into the number plate. I made holes in the number plate and light casing by heating up a screwdriver reeally hot on my gas stove and melted the holes in. Looks good. Looks the same as th car on UKSC at the start-up page, the silver on 3 cars down in the line!

Adam_Glanza

Member +
dac its just a crappy universal light you can find at any proper motor factor store.. there about 5 quid lol.

there not a special jdm part bla bla its just a standard universal fog light..

dac69er

Super Moderator
dac its just a crappy universal light you can find at any proper motor factor store.. there about 5 quid lol.

there not a special jdm part bla bla its just a standard universal fog light..

i know its nothing special but i cant find a small one anywhere. all i can find is those shit big ones they stick on all the import 4x4s.

all there ever is in motor factors or online are these fucking things:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/REAR-FOG-LAMP...ryZ10428QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem