rear pad ugrade

Heggers

Lifer
Afternoon chaps.

Just a quick one, I'm going to be changing my discs and pads front & rear in the next few weeks and I'm just wondering if you can get uprated rear pads? Looking at the traders, TM-Developments do the EBC rear pads but are they any good? And with them being for the back would the pads make a noticeable difference to braking?

Cheers.

glanzanut

Lifer
yeah you can get upgraded rear pads mate. ebc are gd as long as they are yellow or red. green are supposed to be no gd. and yes it will make a good difference even on the rear.:freddy:

Arnold

Lifer
yeah you can get upgraded rear pads mate. ebc are gd as long as they are yellow or red. green are supposed to be no gd. and yes it will make a good difference even on the rear.:freddy:

TM developments are testing rear yellow pads at the moment. You can also buy the EBC black ones for about £25 which are like an OEM replacement.

I'm only uprating my rear disks/pads as the standard ones look a bit crap behind alloys!

clarkytrd

Member +
Get the Tuning Developments Package!

and then :

Stock Rear Disks with Stock Pads
Brake Master Cylinder Stopper

If your getting braided brake lines, remember there are x4 lines on the rear, most braided line packages you buy only have two for front and two for rear.

Tm Developments sell the full kit with x6 braided lines

Heggers

Lifer
If your getting braided brake lines, remember there are x4 lines on the rear, most braided line packages you buy only have two for front and two for rear.

I've just PM'd Nick@TD.co.uk to see how many lines you get in the kit, hopefully it's the full 6 but if not no bother, I'll just sell them on and get the TM full kit.

Again, thanks for the speedy replies guys :)

Heggers

Lifer
Just ordered some of your lines Dave, just looked at my car and my passenger front has split :/

More rep for good info, cheers Iain big help

WallaceGlanza

Member +
I would think yellow stuffs on the rear wouldn't be very good as they don't generate the same heat and the yellows need heat to work.