Rear wheel bearing fitment

marty

Member +
A rear wheel bearing has just gone in my glanza, my question is will bearings from the UK ep91 fit? I don't think they will but better off checking as they would be handier to get on short notice. Have tightened it right up but there's still alot of play. Cheers

marty

Member +
Happy days, good to know! I've ordered a set for the Glanza anyways and they should be here tomorrow. What's it like to change yourself? Are the bearings handy enough beat in (gently) with a socket and a hammer? The garage up the road is closed tomorrow and I'd be afraid to drive her any wild distance...there is a LOT of play in it.

marty

Member +
Appreciate it, cheers! Am I right in saying it should just be hand tight, maybe a wee crack with the rachet? I've seen a tool for measuring the preload that looks a bit like a spring balance but I seem to have misplaced mine :haha:

weeJohn

Lifer
Turn the wheel and tighten it until it meets resistance, then back it off a little as Gryzor says, as long as there is no movement from it being too loose, its right.

marty

Member +
Never even got that far lads, had everything off...calipers, hub nut, you name it and then when it came time to getting the disc itself off it wouldn't budge (no matter how much i cursed and hit it with a hammer) so off to the garage on Monday. Haven't got any shelter to work on her and damned if I'm getting another soaking tomorrow when I'm hungover. Cheers anyway, I'll know for next time!