Recomend a car importer - i want a kei car lol pics inside!

goldenvtr

Member +
started commuting alot further for work now and a 300bhp mx5 and 350ish bhp starlet GT just wont cut it or fuel econamy (although i did manage 245miles from a full tank in my
GT last week! - 55mph motorway miles trying despratly not to touch the throttle lol)

anyhow i did want a golf mk4 150tdi but ive decided a kei car of some sort would keep the fun factor for the daily commute,
im looking for either a Alto works 4wd, daihatsu mira turbo posably a cuppachio but would prefer an AZ-1 (rare as fook)

there is a few tr-xx's on ebay at the moment but massivly over priced, i saw a trxx sell for about a grand last year but i didnt have the ££ at the time.

japanparter website is ok but stock seems limited and one got recomendations?

here some pics to keep people intrested:
alto_works_dog_fight_pro_001.jpg

image.php

1819_11lo.jpg

fs_1019955.jpg

Suzuki_Cappuccino_4_of_5_by_Jaik.jpg

autozam.jpg

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
Alto works all the way. Wanted one for ages. Saw a few for sale after I got my first gt but couldn't really afford it then :( now they seem to have dried up :(

goldenvtr

Member +
yea they have such a good spec for a car so small lol, but there so massivly popular in japan its no supprise. fuel prices are a joke hese days for performace cars lol

there is a cuppachino down the road from me, hasnt move in 3months now looks pretty sorry for its self, ive been a pikey and knocked on there door a few times but there never in lol

I have driven a Mira a couple of times and they are great fun but bear in mind they rev to about 11000rpm and on the motorway youll be doing about 6000 at 70. They are amazing around roundabouts and upto about 60 but then go flat which is expected for a .6 lt, would love to tune one though

richglanzav

Member +
would love a lil trxx just for a laugh but what happens if anything breaks especially if tuned. lol i cudnt see parts being easy to source.

goldenvtr

Member +
there is no way i would be able to leave it standard, 150bhp is apparently very easy to get from the k6a engine in the alto lol and the weight just under 700kg's depending on year.

hmm 6000rpm might not be too good for fuel economy on the motorway lol

they share alot of parts with the uk spec cars, the hard part would be the 4wd versions....

richglanzav

Member +
yeh dude i can imagine. saying that if toyota can get any part for the ep95 which they can, then im sure daihatsu can get any part for these as they are similar year arent they like 1998? so gearboxes and 4wd bits and pieces shud be available but i honestly dnt know.

but sod your evo or scooby, imagine pulling up in this (which i think is stunning by the way) lol

alto_works_dog_fight_pro_001.jpg

with 4wd and 200bhp odd.

russyb

Member +
given any thought to a Charade GTti ?
theres supposed to be pretty rapid when tuned and theres a few avialable in the uk

26.jpg

3907Loony_s_Gtti.jpg

Bilder-043.jpg

goldenvtr

Member +
not a fan of the charade really, dosnt have the same apeal imo lol plus insurance is way more due to being a uk car driven by nobheads haha.

just found a subaru viveo 600cc supercharged looks funky but its 6 grand :-(

goldenvtr

Member +

love it lol will add to my watch list, also that site is pretty good ill have a browse, niceone :)

got to love cannonbal :S
good luck with auction dude, whats your plans if u win it ?

daily drive! probly take it up to 100bhp with a ct9 or something haha

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
Kei cars are awesome, but, given the exchange rate, they ain't gonna be that cheap to bring over at the moment... I know it's not as wee, but you should have bought my old Storia X4 when it was on ebay not long ago, it was for sale at a criminal price. I should have bought it back really... :(

Another one to look at is the Mitsubishi Dangan ZZ 4, Autocar did a test on one a long time ago and loved it!

LOL, wonder where you got that idea from? :p

richglanzav

Member +
if your interested any1 theres a suzuki alto works on there for sale 1999 which is last of the line for them aint it? anyway here it is..

http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/japan car/suzuki/alto+works/10409161/

proper funny looking thing. are the gearboxes very good on them for more power i wonder. and does the 4wd system on these little cars work the same as the 4paw starlets? like a coupling in the middle and 60-40 power split? or do some of them work differently like the push button ones on the daihatsus?