Recommend good brake pads for me please? Both rear and front -)

Paul_JJ

Member +
As above.

Also getting fed up cleaning the wheels every week, currently have Mintex 1144, good stopping power, but doesn't last more than 1 year on my car and the wheels getting black in no time...

Are there any good pads which would last long and won't be very "dirty"???

The car is mainly used for normal driving, with occasional spirited driving -)

Thank you.

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
Red stuff, although I have always said good things about the 1144 pads too, they usually lasted me longer than a year too, even with grooved discs

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
For the extra few quid red withstand more spirited driving due to the higher temps. Personally green stuff weren't much better than stock

rosso321

Member +
For the extra few quid red withstand more spirited driving due to the higher temps. Personally green stuff weren't much better than stock

I see may upgrade to red.

Don't go with yellow ebc as there not great untill they heat up a bit as well alot off brake dust.

Paul_JJ

Member +
Do the sell the red stuff for the rear discs as well? Or what would be good for the rear? Standard pads cost £30, not sure if it's the right price for the STANDARD pads though...

glanzasteve

Fresh Recruit
I've had green red and yellow. Green don't even compare. Wouldn't buy them again. Red are good for road use but I like the yellows. Use them on my daily and although they work better when hot they also work well cold. I will be trying the DS2500 next as i have heard good things about them.

Paul_JJ

Member +
Can anyone comment about Ferodo pads? I've heard that they're very good. How about the dust level? Do they last long?

And what have you got on the rear brakes? Standard brakes??? Do EBC or Mintex make any decent pads for the rear?

AdamB

Member +
I've heard nothing but good stories about the DS2500 pads. I don't think dust levels are too high but they bite well from cold and only get better.

WallaceGlanza

Member +
The DS2500 are awesome on my wilwoods as above they get better and better with more heat, they give off less dust than the stock (ace parts, the ones camskill sell) rear pads too.

rosso321

Member +
Can anyone comment about Ferodo pads? I've heard that they're very good. How about the dust level? Do they last long?

And what have you got on the rear brakes? Standard brakes??? Do EBC or Mintex make any decent pads for the rear?

im picking up a set next weekend man full set of ebc green stuff pad front and rear 60euro for the lot.

Paul_JJ

Member +
im picking up a set next weekend man full set of ebc green stuff pad front and rear 60euro for the lot.

As far as I know the green stuff is not very good at all. I would rather get something else, but not the green ones - see the comments above as well!

I need to look in to Ferodo pads then, do they make the rear ones as well???

rosso321

Member +
As far as I know the green stuff is not very good at all. I would rather get something else, but not the green ones - see the comments above as well!

I need to look in to Ferodo pads then, do they make the rear ones as well???

I'll may do the same mate.

Paul_JJ

Member +
I've heard nothing but good stories about the DS2500 pads. I don't think dust levels are too high but they bite well from cold and only get better.

Any idea where can I buy one and how much are they? Camskill sell Ferodo, but I can't find DS2500, just the cheap version...