Recommend me a alarm

Kyle_R

Member +
I'm looking at getting a cat 1 alarm fitted to my starlet and want to see what recommendations I can get first i want a fairly cheap but good alarm! I've been looking at the viper 480xv

Kyle_R

Member +
I just want a decent alarm to protect my car but not cost the earth etc looking. To spend around £300 tops

elz'ep92

Fresh Recruit
I got a toad ai606 really good alarm, well pleased with it, really loud siren , loads of add on features, internal/external proximity sensor, tilt senor, glass break sensor, window closure

Jay

Admin
A Clifford saved my old GT plenty of times in the past. Have been using the Toad systems in recent years without any hassle at all, nice systems. Make sure you go for something Category 1.

dac69er

Super Moderator
i would have thought you could get a toad fitted for that!?

if you dont care about the insurance side of things buy one for £100 and fit it yourself. its not hard and the 3 alarms ive seen fitted to starlets have been shocking, and they have been done by 'proper' installers and have certificates etc.

gv1.3

Admin
I got one with a pager on it fitted to my Glanza. Cant remember the make now but it was a great alarm. If anyone went near the car the pager would beep and/or vibrate up to 100 mtrs away. Also had remote start for those cold mornings.