recommend me a boost controller

leeroyV

Member +
as per title guys... im gonna be getting my car mapped up at tuning developments next week and have been pondering for a few weeks about getting a boost controller fitted but my funds have been low so haven't got one yet.. and hence why i ask the question as i may have some funds available to get one this week hopefully before going for the map :)

ive got a aem tru boost so easy to use the sard trigger is similar sell both on flea bay some of the others ive had are rocket science a fookin pain to set up as mike says the blitz is supposed to be good also but still prefer the aem and sard so easy to set up

I personally recommend the apexi AVCR or slightly cheaper but less functions DSBC Spec r

whats your budget as i have a 2nd hand unit from my own car i will be selling soon. its a blitz DSBC Spec r but the ID Range with the little graphics screen on it

Tim :)

ramses974

Member +
If you can afford it, Blitz DSBC Spec R ;)

Cheers

Mike Jones
Tuning Developments Ltd

Believe Mike Jones !!!

Blitz dual solenoid is the more stable EBC i have used...i have own the first blitz dual sbc, id,id3,id color is my last ...
If you have something to do measures, you will notice ,a very flat and stable line for boost ...AVCR or other single Boost control ,does not have the same stability, they tend to overboost or go to boost spike...
I know , the blitz are not beautiful,but they are very very reliable

Stretch to £180-£200 and get yourself something decent bro :)

Well worth paying the extra for a higher quality unit and will still have resale value if kept in good nick.

I got my Blitz Dual Spec R from eBay for £180 posted in vgc.

Its a decent unit and as long as the dual solenoid is good, it won't let you down.

AVCR is more expensive just for extra features you might not use.

Blitz ID has boost scrambler mode but is essentially the same as Blitz dsbc minus the extra display features etc.

When the top two ecu tuners on here recommend the same ebc it usually means something ;)

Joz

Last edited:

leeroyV

Member +
yeh im getting the impression the blitz comes highly recommended.... do these blitz SBC's need a specific wiring harness???

aidan

Member +
i have the d sbc spec r aswell think its a great controller and there not hard to set up either. seen a few of them for under the 200 mark

leeroyV

Member +
i have the d sbc spec r aswell think its a great controller and there not hard to set up either. seen a few of them for under the 200 mark

seen one of the bay of e cheap but it appears to come with a wire harness... not sure wether to take a punt...