Refusing to start.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
As some of you may know im currently having an issue were if i drive the car upto normal operating temperature regardless or taking it easy or giving it some boost the car will NOT switch back on after being turned off until 30-40mins everytime.

I was advised by Kon that it was my temperature switch until the dizzy but ive replaced this and still having the same issue.

It seems to have only occured ever since the day of being setup. Which the E-Manage Ultimate and SARD 550cc injectors were fitted.

Any ideas?

Iain

59bhp

Member +
da69er had the same problem as this and it turned out to be leaky injectors, were they brand new when you put them in?

Dave.

Member +
If it was me mate, I'd check all the earths and ensure the positive feed from the battery is in good nick and free from corrosion.

Also, its common in other models (I've heard of it in many rovers and a few lotus Elise's that the camshaft position sensor causes this problem too if its faulty. Assuming the starlet has one, I'm not sure.

Dave

sx_turbo

Lifer
starlets camshaft sensor is in the distributor.

and they have no crank sensor.

what sensor did you change beatz?

have you done a diagnostics?

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Theres 3 sensors under the dizzy and i replaced the middle one buddy, cant mind the exact name for it but was told to replace this by HYBRID.

Ive checked plugs, leads and for any water/dampness in the plugs incase it was affecting me getting a spark. Ill be checking dizzy etc tonight.

Iain

Monkfish

Member +
Starlets have air temp sensors don't they? Perhaps that is faulty. If the sensor is faulty, it might be telling the ECU you've moved into the Arctic Circle, and it'll dump more fuel in, great for starting from cold but useless for starting from warm.

Have you checked for any ECU codes yet? You'd have a code if a sensor was at fault.

:)

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Starlets have air temp sensors don't they? Perhaps that is faulty. If the sensor is faulty, it might be telling the ECU you've moved into the Arctic Circle, and it'll dump more fuel in, great for starting from cold but useless for starting from warm.

Have you checked for any ECU codes yet? You'd have a code if a sensor was at fault.

Hmmm superb Monk, ill see how much this one will cost me as well. Ill defo check dizzy, injectors etc tonight.

Infact i did have my engine management light appear but i just assumed it was because my Ultimate wiring was sitting on my foot rest and my foot kept nudging the wires. Ill do that test tonight also.

sx_turbo

Lifer

yeah the air temp is situated on the left ofthe inlet mani next to the idle contraol valve

Monkfish

Member +
Hmmm superb Monk, ill see how much this one will cost me as well. Ill defo check dizzy, injectors etc tonight.

Infact i did have my engine management light appear but i just assumed it was because my Ultimate wiring was sitting on my foot rest and my foot kept nudging the wires. Ill do that test tonight also.

Definately a sensor fault if you've got the management light on. Run a diagnostic and see what the codes are before shelling out on sensors.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
iv just sent u a u2u.. i didnt realise ur running the emu...

read it im sure i know what the problem is ;)

kon

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Just read it buddy and replied back.

Its wierd tho that it happened AFTER the EMU was fitted and injectors .. i was thinking either of them 2 as it started first time every time before then.

Iain