relocation air feed, sizes needed

Glanza Phil

Member +
hey guys i am lookin to make a relocation for my air filter on the standard ct9b just wondering if anyone knows what external diameter it is on the input side of the turbo. any help would be great

thanks
PHIL

ChrisGT

Member +
You will need:

38mm < 51mm reducer; then a 51mm alloy pipe. That will give you this:

100_1307.jpg

100_1308.jpg

DSC00227.jpg

DSC00224.jpg

DSC00222.jpg

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Yeah you will need to strech that on, will be a tight fit but nice and snug. OD is 42mm.

Ours are nice as they come with filters, it's getting the right adaptors to fit the filter which is the harder part as most have JDM filters with huge necks. If you get a custom one like the ones that come with our kit then it's much simpler think that is what you did

Rep for helping member.

T

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Yeah you really need to port the w/gate, get a hybrid or restrict it somehow (which kind of defeats the point)

This is our kit:

good8.jpg

EP82:

250920081742.jpg

EP91

250920081741.jpg

EP91 needs to be extended as the rad core is thicker.

T

Last edited:

gtadvmike

Member +
well what is the cheapest but safe way of dealing with this issue of creep ??? :( i want power but its all so expensive :(

ChrisGT

Member +
Yeah you will need to strech that on, will be a tight fit but nice and snug. OD is 42mm.

Ours are nice as they come with filters, it's getting the right adaptors to fit the filter which is the harder part as most have JDM filters with huge necks. If you get a custom one like the ones that come with our kit then it's much simpler think that is what you did

Rep for helping member.

T

Yeah 38 was uber tight, had to grease it on. And agreed about the filter; most have huge inlets so you need to devise a reducer or rubber insert to increase the diameter of the metal pipe.

Go for a pre-built kit like Toby's as it'll save you time and hassle!

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Get the w/gate ported or make a restriction (again defeats the point) so porting the stock internal w/gate on turbo best bet for cheap fix.

T

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Yeah 38 was uber tight, had to grease it on. And agreed about the filter; most have huge inlets so you need to devise a reducer or rubber insert to increase the diameter of the metal pipe.

Go for a pre-built kit like Toby's as it'll save you time and hassle!

Yeah to be fair it can be done with some thought we just make it simple for lazy people like me :haha:

gtadvmike

Member +
hmmmm .... portin is posh for weakening though .... how much roughly to get external setup with hybrid and keeping stock ct9 ??

Toby@ToyTuning.com

hmmmm .... portin is posh for weakening though .... how much roughly to get external setup with hybrid and keeping stock ct9 ??

I personally wouldn't bother with an external w/gate on a CT9, you can get good enough results with a internal one to be honest.

If you are a fabricator fair play otherwise I think a little pointless, if going that far get a different turbo all together. All our CT9 Toy Tuning hybrids are ported without issue will be fine, if anything yes you are removing material but at the same time you reduce the heat build up which is why they crack in the first place ;)

As long as it doesn't have a crack as wide as the grand canyon to start with you will be fine :)

T

ChrisGT

Member +

WEPR do an externally wastegated CT9 setup, called a "power up kit". You would need a custom manifold that has a section for the wastegate...

gtadvmike

Member +
kk so last question (great help guys - rep will be awarded :) )

where can i go to get stock wastegate ported ? and prices approx ?

ChrisGT

Member +
Well you could do it yourself, I doubt many places would specifically offer a wastegate porting service lol.

A fabricators who have a die grinder could do it, but you'd have to explain to them what you want done! Tbh I am going to port mine some time in the future...be nice to have some stable boost!

Toby@ToyTuning.com

As above, either yourself or get anyone with the right tools, we can help if needed but you need to remove turbo. Just make sure you get the particles out ;)

T

durmz

Member +
i got mine ported all way through, from the inlet on it shaped and al the rest like, i only fitted a decat, made it creep like mad, it did help that, but if i get a relocation kit too will this most likely be too much and make it creep again?

Toby@ToyTuning.com

You need to try mate too many variables to give a definate answer, you can always try restricting.

This is no exhaust just a downpipe (very little back pressure) with a TT relocation kit and Hybrid TT ported CT9, no creep just stable boost and lot's and lot's of response :cool:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5qlyfW6lm70

See what mean, you should be okay just depends but that above is the most likely out of all setups to creep, filter off turbo and no back pressure but still holds fine ;)