remap with standard ecu

marty

Member +
hi,
thinking about getting my glanza remapped shortly, just wondering where i could get it done? im looking for somewhere close to belfast and was thinking maybe east coast customs..

also what sort of results could i expect with the standard ecu?
mods are:
Blitz SUS induction kit
Stainless 4 branch exhaust mani
Aftermarket exhaust..not sure which as it was on the car when i bought it
Lightened aluminium flywheel

Also replaced my turbo, gearbox and clutch recently.

Ben89

Lifer
You can't remap the standard ecu, you will need at a minimum an emanage blue/ultimate, power fc, fcon, or a standalone omex, link etc (expensive) depends on budget and where you want to go with car mods wise in the future.

marty

Member +
right okay..anyone know of a website where i can have a browse at the ecu's? only seen one on fensport the M4 i think it was and it was a touch on the expensive side!

AdamB

Member +
Yeah thats a motec full standalone system which is not needed for most setups.
The plug and play's can't be brought anymore as far as i'm aware, although they do crop up on here quite often.
Theres an emanage in the for sale section at the moment on a very good price.

96v

Member +
your gna be looking at spending £500-£800 and a decent setup really mate unless a plug and play ecu comes up and then wouldnt have to get it mapped but they only really work properly on a ct9

there are a few places that sell kits, the best piggyback would be the emanage ultimate and i think there is a second hand kit for sale on uksc for about £400 but depends if you want new or not

Texx

Super Moderator
I don't understand why anyone would buy an Emanage Ultimate when a Haltech Sprint 500, OMEX 600, DTA S40 Pro, AEM EMS-4 etc... can be got for pretty much the same money?

srankin90

Member +
for your set up is probably would be best going with one of the plug and play self learning ecu's like blitz, jam or mines which do not need mapped. They come up on here for sale now and again. you could also use an emanage blue but you have to buy a harness and get it mapped

GTwayne

Member +
I don't understand why anyone would buy an Emanage Ultimate when a Haltech Sprint 500, OMEX 600, DTA S40 Pro, AEM EMS-4 etc... can be got for pretty much the same money?

Good point, but would depend what the mapper was happy with.

for your set up is probably would be best going with one of the plug and play self learning ecu's like blitz, jam or mines which do not need mapped. They come up on here for sale now and again. you could also use an emanage blue but you have to buy a harness and get it mapped

Not self learning and you would need to get the afr's checked before anything else.

marty

Member +
cheers guys. the plug and play one sounds like the best option but xcuse my ignorance but what will it actually do?

i think it removes the top speed limiter, fuel cut and raises the rev limit..in that case would something like a fuel cut defencer be more worthwhile for a bit more grunt?

the only other mods i really plan on goin with are a japspeed decat and exhaust system and an uprated actuator..

Jay

Admin
If you are only planning on raising the boost slightly then you aren't really in the region of upgrading the ECU mate. There's plenty of bits to do before you need to worry about remapping anything. Yes, any setup will benefit from improved engine management but it's not the first port of call when releasing a few horses on these engines.

Basically these aren't a Golf TDi lol..

Jay