anyone had 1 ?????

what to look out for?

anyone got any parts???

he needs :

front bumper gun metal gray is possible

N/S head light

N/S indicator

gimi some info guys and girls :D

most of them are rotters and blow headgaskets . cool looking things tho . my mate bought a raider and had to weld half the floor on it :haha: and it never idled properly :p

Fro

Member +
cool:)
is it mikes one by eney chance ? :haha:

haha aye sure is, he sold it to his little bro cheap and it just sits collecting dust in their shed, mike wants it back but bob wont sell him it. Still runs and that. . . . just not "right" :haha:

Dean-Dak

Member +
My mate has a immaculate 5 turbo i think most of them are rough due to careless owners.

washed daily
oil and water checked regularly
warmed up before driven and left to tick over for a couple minutes before being switched off

8418_168869081356_742661356_4119066.jpg

14644_191727751356_742661356_433784.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

STARLET N/A

Member +
I think it depends on who the previous owner were! Some people dont have any problems with their 5 turbo's. Whereas others only get problems.

Is the 5 he bought modded?

Nayls

Member +
mates just picked 1 up cheap as hell

anyone had 1 ?????

what to look out for?

anyone got any parts???

he needs :

front bumper gun metal gray is possible

N/S head light

N/S indicator

gimi some info guys and girls :D

front bumpers are harder to come by now as the cars are getting rarer,available @ about £120 though,the paint is tungsten grey btw & make sure he gets the correct shade as there are 7 varients of that colour.

headlights can be had for £10 new on ebay & the indicators are available new for £15-£20 from most motorfactors :)

bucketep91

Member +
my mate had an awsome 5 turbo, spent thousands on it it was a cool wee car and was quicker than my glanza at the time. i like them but i dont think i could own and drive 1 everyday

GTti

Member +
Alot of character in cars like these, more so than a GT, not that I'm disputing which is the better car. I have a Clio 16v at the moment and I'm very proud of it, considering what I paid for it. It cost me £200 and £230 to fix, it's more comfortable and feels faster than my old GT - so performance per £ is good. There are parts falling from it though, and not everything works.

R5GTT's are becoming more expensive, there aren't many left now. But even living with the Clio everyday is difficult sometimes.

Last edited:

Lawrence

Member +
Always wanted see a thread on r5s, i hate renaults but the r5 always thought they looked cool. But i bet reliability sucks on these. But still think they look the part, bet they go well to.

OllieTurbo

Member +
Very cool cars , however the one my mate has is probbaly the most unreliable car ive ever seen ! For instance i went with him to buy it , set off to come home first straight we hit and the accelerator cable snapped. Since then the bottom ends gone along with a few other things (only had it 2months) but im sure there would be reliable ones about if theyve been treated well.

more importantly that shell garge has a subway built in ! we need some of them south