Reregistering a car

goldenvtr

Member +
Just a simple question really, once ive converted my sportif to a glanza will engine body work ECT, can you officially re register the car as a Glanza? i know the VIN ect will be the same and the reg will way english origin, but can you put it down as import spec for the imisions ect.

Failing can i just adjust everything on the log book to say its a glanza officially lol?

Nwimie

Member +
was enough hassell gettin the dvla to change my engine cap over on my last conversion good luck !

Adam_Glanza

Member +
i think the best thing to do would be ring and ask lol.

but at the end of the day it will still be a sportif chassis..

so im not really sure :eek:

sx_turbo

Lifer
the engine capacity is the same, and as far as im aware you cant suddenly change it to a glanza spec cos didnt start out like that.

the 4efte engine is the same cc as the 4efe you will be replacing, and the dvla dont work on engine codes.

the only thing you can do is tell the insurance company its a turbo conversion

goldenvtr

Member +
So the DVLA don't really care whats it is unless its not taxed lol.

Fair enough, thats for everyones input :)

My GT dosnt state hardly anything on it, was going up update it with all the right details. it juts says saloon, turbo and 2 rigid axel on it thats it! lol

sx_turbo

Lifer
mine dont even say turbo lol

but it is insured as one before i get moaned at.

and yes dan you are right the dvla dont care as long as its taxed.

its the police and insurance u gotta worry about

glanzaV195

Member +
ive never informed the dvla on any engine conversions that i've done on cars in the past and the police dont ever check what your car is regestered as on a log book, as long as your insurance is informed thats all that matters, most insurance companies will request a engineers report for the fitting of the engine tho.

dan

Member +
many moons ago a bought a fiesta, which was a 1ltr on the log book but for some gay reason someone had dropped a 1.9d in it, i rang the DVLA to swop it all over and get it on the log book as a 1.9d and i had to take it for some sort of test to make sure it was all road legal. did that and just thought fuck it and sold it on to some guy who was dropping a zetec in it.